Labour about to split?

Agreed about John Smith, and he was the first Labour Leader I would have voted for (I tend to think that most party leaders are self-serving shits so I am usually ambivalent about who to vote for, but he seemed more genuine and centrist).
Like Hugh Gaitskell, a PM we never had ( died under suspicious circumstances), Labour seem to have a high mortality rate.

You didn't get back to.
Were you one of that 30,000 strong workforce that had to live through that?

Or is that covered under;
I've been served redundancy notices twice. It was a legal requirement. It was unlikely to happen. And it didn't happen to Liverpool City Council workers either. The council actually created 1500 more jobs in the face of Thatcherite economics.

Good old Degsy. Working class hero.

So you accept theres an issue then and its not all an anti Corbyn plot
No. An Army officer once told me that the BBC was run entirely by Jews. The British Army therefore has a problem with anti semitism. What are you doing about it?

Come back when Labour print a manifesto that says the Jews are to blame.

I've been served redundancy notices twice. It was a legal requirement. It was unlikely to happen. And it didn't happen to Liverpool City Council workers either. The council actually created 1500 more jobs in the face of Thatcherite economics.

You are a ******* ******** .

PS.
If you want to know what I wrote PM me and I will ignore you, you f*** ing tit.

edit
I do apologise mods but he is a tit.

Last edited:

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
No. An Army officer once told me that the BBC was run entirely by Jews. The British Army therefore has a problem with anti semitism. What are you doing about it?

Well, you really are as stupid as I thought then, always good to be right.

That post must go to Arrsepedia to be kept for posterity.

‘It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt’ - Mark Twain

Did anyone listen to LBC earlier today? The number of Labour supporters who phoned in to discuss Corbyn, and were cut-off in the first few minutes as soon as they managed to bring in the word "Zionists". I heard it happen to at least two in the first few minutes. Has UK politics ever been in such a state? The two main parties are no longer fit for purpose.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Did anyone listen to LBC earlier today? The number of Labour supporters who phoned in to discuss Corbyn, and were cut-off in the first few minutes as soon as they managed to bring in the word "Zionists". I heard it happen to at least two in the first few minutes. Has UK politics ever been in such a state? The two main parties are no longer fit for purpose.
Both parties are indeed wanting, Labour, however, are in a class of their own.

Both parties are indeed wanting, Labour, however, are in a class of their own.

The comments on LBC were awful. It's like views that were previously extreme right and extreme left are now mainstream. I think this is an indicator of potentially bigger problems in the future.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

oh, you're back, good. you can answer my question now - is melvyn bragg making everything up when he says there's a problem with bullying and antisemitism within Labour?

Lord Melvyn Bragg slams Jeremy Corbyn and tells him to quit for the good of the Labour Party

Latest Threads