Labour about to split?

Bash away, it's much easier than thinking isn't it? Bless you, you do so try.
I'll tell you what I think. I think you're a twat who is completely obsessed with me. A troll. A keyboard warrior. And a boring gobshite too. And to cap it all you are a moderator which indicates how low this site has become.

However, this thread is not about you or me.

It's about 11 MPs grandstanding over Brexit, who think that the electorate care about them. They don't. Virtually all of them were facing deselection anyway. So this was the last chance for them to be noticed.

Chuka is their de facto leader. Let me remind you of what this man said about anti semitism in the Labour Party.
FB_IMG_1537006770946.jpg

Chuka in all his 20 years in the party can't argue that he had never heard of Jeremy Corbyn and his alleged rabid anti semitism as an inner London activist and member. So is he a fool or a liar? Who is pulling the puppet's strings? There is no ideology or principles here. Just stooges for forces outside of parliament. And nobody cares. Nobody is talking about this group. And now Blair offers his support. That's the kiss of death. I will be surprised if even one of these 11 survive the next GE.

Labour will probably campaign on a second referendum after the next GE. Like it or not, Labour has control of the ball and is looking likely to smash it into the back of the net very soon.

The meltdown here will be epically funny.

Last edited:
To be scrupulously fair, the only parties to be clear on their Brexit views are the LibDems and UKIP
Labour and the Conservatives couldn't articulate a coherent opinion on it from day one.

The current political splits are probably the most positive thing to happen to politics in the last decade
True. Brexit/Remain faultlines are all over both parties, which explains the lack of plan or detail. Potentially there are 500ish deals wanting to be struck!

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'll tell you what I think. I think you're a twat who is completely obsessed with me. A troll. A keyboard warrior. And a boring gobshite too. And to cap it all you are a moderator which indicates how low this site has become.

It's about 11 MPs grandstanding over Brexit, who think that the electorate care. They don't. Virtually all of them were facing deselection anyway. So this was the last chance for them to be noticed.

Chuka is their de facto leader. Let me remind you of what this man said about anti semitism in the Labour Party. View attachment 379177
Chuka in all his 20 years in the party can't argue that he had never heard of Jeremy Corbyn. As an inner London activist and member and alleged rabid anti semitism. So is he a fool or a liar. Who is pulling the puppet's strings? There is no ideology or principles here. Just stooges for forces outside of parliament. And nobody cares. Nobody is talking about this group. And now Blair offers his support. That's the kiss of death. I will be surprised if even one of these 11 survive the next GE.

Labour will probably campaign on a second referendum after the next GE. Like it or not, Labour has control of the ball and is looking likely to smash it into the back of the net very soon.

I'm not obsessed with you I think you are hilarious, you, however, seem to be obsessed with me vis a vis your entirely inaccurate sig line. So I suggest you stop whining and try and remain on topic. How exactly do you see Labour having control? Behind in the polls, M.P.s leaving every day, constantly creating embarrassing situations for themselves I.E. the Hatton fiasco and still in denial over the Anti Semetic problem.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
' Like it or not, Labour has control of the ball and is looking likely to smash it into the back of the net very soon.'

ahaha

ahahahahahahaha

pause

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah
Which net are they going to smash it into? There have been so many own goals recently that it is difficult to predict. I suspect their striker will run into the penalty area and lob the ball into the net at Wimbledon Tennis club, then claim that it means they have won a great victory for the working man.

I'm not obsessed with you I think you are hilarious, you, however, seem to be obsessed with me vis a vis your entirely inaccurate sig line. So I suggest you stop whining and try and remain on topic. How exactly do you see Labour having control? Behind in the polls, M.P.s leaving every day, constantly creating embarrassing situations for themselves I.E. the Hatton fiasco and still in denial over the Anti Semetic problem.
Guys, get a room FFS

To be fair they're not in denial over the Anti Semetic problem, they embrace it labelling anything they disagree with as being a conspiracy of the Jews

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
' Like it or not, Labour has control of the ball and is looking likely to smash it into the back of the net very soon.'

ahaha

ahahahahahahaha

pause

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah
With a leader who when the people given the choice of best PM.
Corbyn
Don’t know
May............Corbyn kept coming third.

Then again, with May meant to be out in three months. Who knows.

A trend seen in both Tory and Labour tweeters is 'Glad (insert name) has gone. We are better off without them'. It's a natural reaction but ignoring the point that neither main party can sustain the loss of MPs at this rate. May seems more aware of this than Corbyn. His decision, today, to support the IS girl retuning to the UK, this week of all weeks, seems bloody-mindedly stubborn. Corbyn is almost in cut his nose off to spite his face territory, in terms of reacting to the desertions.

May is neither strong nor intelligent.

Really?
I may not be her greatest fan but there is little doubt that she is a tough old boot.
She has survived long past the point the whole world has written her off, she has survived multiple atempts to oust her.
She has doggedly clung to power despite massive odds and she is still following through with Brexit (whether its the Brexit you or I want is a different matter)

Whatever you think of how she is performing, it isn't true to say she isn't strong is it?

It's about 11 MPs grandstanding over Brexit, who think that the electorate care about them. They don't. Virtually all of them were facing deselection anyway. So this was the last chance for them to be noticed.

Chuka is their de facto leader. Let me remind you of what this man said about anti semitism in the Labour Party. View attachment 379177
Chuka in all his 20 years in the party can't argue that he had never heard of Jeremy Corbyn and his alleged rabid anti semitism as an inner London activist and member. So is he a fool or a liar? Who is pulling the puppet's strings? There is no ideology or principles here. Just stooges for forces outside of parliament. And nobody cares. Nobody is talking about this group. And now Blair offers his support. That's the kiss of death. I will be surprised if even one of these 11 survive the next GE.

Corbyn has lost nine MPs in one week. Losing nine MPs is not being in control. It strengthens Corbyn's internal position to an extent but also puts him under pressure from the high profile opponents who remain in the party.
His party aside, having nine fewer MPs now than on Monday is a disaster. That's nine seats where there will be an official Labour candidate vs a Tigger. That's nine split Left of centre votes and no guarantee of victory. Nine seats to add to the list of those Labour needs to win. If the Tigger group grows, it will take votes from all parties and will complicate what would have been close two party contests in some seats. It is a disaster for Labour. Possibly for the Tories too.

Corbyn has lost nine MPs in one week. Losing nine MPs is not being in control. It strengthens Corbyn's internal position to an extent but also puts him under pressure from the high profile opponents who remain in the party.
His party aside, having nine fewer MPs now than on Monday is a disaster. That's nine seats where there will be an official Labour candidate vs a Tigger. That's nine split Left of centre votes and no guarantee of victory. Nine seats to add to the list of those Labour needs to win. If the Tigger group grows, it will take votes from all parties and will complicate what would have been close two party contests in some seats. It is a disaster for Labour. Possibly for the Tories too.
I bet Kate McCann is laughing at him, she only lost one

Those 9 MPs were lost already, and highly likely to be deselected anyway. Austin is an arch Blairite, long in the tooth now and with with a majority of 22

Last edited:
He, and Dominic Grieve, would make a good 'You have only got one bullet, who would you shoot?' conundrum.
Easy. Choose the one that pisses you off the most and bludgeon it to death with the empty pistol after putting the other out of your misery.

He, and Dominic Grieve, would make a good 'You have only got one bullet, who would you shoot?' conundrum.
Make them stand behind each other and use the 'special' rifle? The one I was never issued but used one on the ranges

Last edited:

Latest Threads