Labour about to split?

Here's popular - I'm a massive Anna fan. There is very little she says I don't agree with, and her once mainstream one nation views are now marginalized in a party dominated by the ERG and their ideals. There are many more like Anna, she's a strong intelligent woman who is pro Europe. Just like Maybot used to be....

Here's popular - I'm a massive Anna fan. There is very little she says I don't agree with, and her once mainstream one nation views are now marginalized in a party dominated by the ERG and their ideals. There are many more like Anna, she's a strong intelligent woman who is pro Europe. Just like Maybot used to be....
Cheers, Big Skid.

Big fan of your work.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Soubry calling anyone delusional is laughable. She is a paranoid alcoholic.
You do seem to have this fixation that anyone who disagrees with you is an alcoholic, the mentally ill bit about her paranoia, that’s new?
Does this mean that she hasn’t been threatened with deselection, harassed or abused?

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
Nothing wrong with you liking Ms. Soubry (I'm not on first-name terms with her).

However, she says she left the Conservatives because it was taken over by what she describes as the 'far right', in other words, the ERG. The ERG are not 'far right'. They are a group that is committed to leaving the EU, which is no more a 'far right' policy than is supporting Liverpool over Manchester United.

The BBC mentioned a few days ago that more in the Conservative Party support a 'no deal' exit than oppose it. That means that the party as a whole disagrees with Soubry's strong 'Remain' stance, which seems to have morphed into a 'try to make a deal at all costs' for most Remainers now that Article 50 and the referendum have made leaving almost inevitable.

Soubry is right to leave the party if she thinks that they do not reflect her views, but we are talking about a single issue here. If she thinks many other Conservative stances have shifted since she joined then so be it, but she appears to only object to the Deal or No Deal scenario (without Noel Edmunds). Rather than coming over as a someone who sees her views no longer reflected by the party, as the Labour defectors do, rather Soubry comes across as angry that her view on leaving the EU is not the dominant one. She says that she feels marginalised, and that is not surprising given that she is in a minority on this issue.

Nothing wrong with you liking Ms. Soubry (I'm not on first-name terms with her).

However, she says she left the Conservatives because it was taken over by what she describes as the 'far right', in other words, the ERG. The ERG are not 'far right'. They are a group that is committed to leaving the EU, which is no more a 'far right' policy than is supporting Liverpool over Manchester United.

The BBC mentioned a few days ago that more in the Conservative Party support a 'no deal' exit than oppose it. That means that the party as a whole disagrees with Soubry's strong 'Remain' stance, which seems to have morphed into a 'try to make a deal at all costs' for most Remainers now that the Article 50 and the referendum have made leaving almost inevitable.

Soubry is right to leave the party if she thinks that they do not reflect her views, but we are talking about a single issue here. If she thinks many other Conservative stances have shifted since she joined then so be it, but she appears to only object to the Deal or No Deal scenario (without Noel Edmunds). Rather than coming over as a someone who sees her views no longer reflected by the party, as the Labour defectors do, rather Soubry comes across as angry that her view on leaving the EU is the dominant one. She says that she feels marginalised, and that is not surprising given that she is in a minority on this issue.
She wants a people's vote on Brexit but not a people's vote on her....

His adoptive father was a Jew, so he was on Corbyn's naughty list

Can't be long before some Labour figure blames his defection on a Jewish conspiracy...
Owen Jones has them all chorusing "wasist" over Austin's past anti-mass immigration stances.

Between him and Frank Field that's 2 Indy Liberals and 8 Blairites gone. Probably more to come.

The BBC mentioned a few days ago that more in the Conservative Party support a 'no deal' exit than oppose it. That means that the party as a whole disagrees with Soubry's strong 'Remain' stance, which seems to have morphed into a 'try to make a deal at all costs' for most Remainers now that Article 50 and the referendum have made leaving almost inevitable.

Soubry is right to leave the party if she thinks that they do not reflect her views, but we are talking about a single issue here. If she thinks many other Conservative stances have shifted since she joined then so be it, but she appears to only object to the Deal or No Deal scenario (without Noel Edmunds). Rather than coming over as a someone who sees her views no longer reflected by the party, as the Labour defectors do, rather Soubry comes across as angry that her view on leaving the EU is not the dominant one. She says that she feels marginalised, and that is not surprising given that she is in a minority on this issue.
Soubry left because as far as she's concerned, the only opinion that counts is hers and no-one in authority in the Conservative Party appears to agree with her. For her and the Conservative Party, better out than in.

If being anti EU makes you far right, that would make Corbyn a fascist, I haven't heard her call out Corbyn yet