Labour about to split?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
corbyn is doing a great job, labour imploding within, a new independent group, new labour not working.
perhaps they need saint tony of blair or gordon of brown or see the light and ditch dinosaur corbyn.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
corbyn is doing a great job, labour imploding within, a new independent group, new labour not working.
perhaps they need saint tony of blair or gordon of brown or see the light and ditch dinosaur corbyn.
Feck no. They caused so much damage we are still paying for it!

I'm just wondering if the Millibands will keep silent over this, one being a recent Labour leader after all, and you can't see them being in favour of the whole antisemitism issue infesting the current Labour party

Would be interesting of one of them jumped ship and fought an election and seeing whether die hard Labour voting loyalties would stick with the Momentum ship

Capture rant.PNG

Galloway is looking very oy veyish in Liverpool , could he be after the Wavertree seat.

You can have a "mammoth" listening exercise, but what you then have to do is ACT on what you are hearing.
That doesn't mean "act to immediately deselect anyone who is off message".

Since the current Labour Party is being led by far left class warriors of the 1970's plus some entryists from the Trotskyite wing, the leadership doing the listening won't be listening out for anything other than internal dissent.- in order to squash it.
Listening to extinct behemoths is a Labour thing at present. Mammoths or Trotskyists.

I'm just wondering if the Millibands will keep silent over this, one being a recent Labour leader after all, and you can't see them being in favour of the whole antisemitism issue infesting the current Labour party

Would be interesting of one of them jumped ship and fought an election and seeing whether die hard Labour voting loyalties would stick with the Momentum ship
Ed did comment on Monday - only via Twitter, naturally - to say:

I deeply regret the decision of my former colleagues to leave Labour. Labour's values are still my values and a Labour government is the best hope for the country we need. Labour must and will continue to be a broad church as it has always been.

Of course, there is wiggle room in there - Labour must and will (yeah right) continue to be a broad church...

Church. yes. Synagogue, no.

But you are right to raise the question of the King Across The Water. David does not have a seat, so what does he have to lose, other than a cushy NGO number of which he may be bored? Suspect he may be watching carefully to see how the TIGgers pan out before boarding any bandwagon.

Interesting bit on Guido about the latest polling, suggesting that a putative centrist, ant-Brexit party would scoop up 8% from the off, driving the Lib Dems into fourth place. Of course a) 8% or even more does not equal seats in Parliament - just ask UKIP at their height - and b) the pollsters are asking a hypothetical question when such a party does not exist, and the TIGgers might not be able to transmogrify into such a beast, at least in a manner that commands voters' respect and support.

The 7 have to careful about being a part of another political party. The rules for Labour membership say that you may be rejected for membership if you've had another party on your election card.

They may need to keep their powder dry because if they succeed and somehow Corbyn goes, they just can't waltz back in the party

View attachment 378507

Labour’s rules around provisional memberships
But they haven’t left the Labour Party just quit the whip. They will have to be expelled first before they can rejoin.
BTW, Gormless George Galloway is having his appeal to rejoin Jessers gang heard today.

But they haven’t left the Labour Party just quit the whip. They will have to be expelled first before they can rejoin.
BTW, Gormless George Galloway is having his appeal to rejoin Jessers gang heard today.

They've left the Party.

I love the way that it’s possible for these no-marks to leave their parties out of conscience and conviction but that same conviction deserts them when it comes to calling by-elections.

This is a whole generation of politicians that we shall roundly detest until their mediocrity makes them more forgettable than loathsome.

Or in arrsespeek- the cnuts.

Not before time. 'Independent' from whom or what? Not EU that's for sure. And did they jump before they were pushed?
Unlike the Labour MPs, these ladies have left as a single-issue protest: Brexit. For most of the Labour MPs, it is not only the issues of Brexit but a genuine and heartfelt concern as to what the Labour Party has become.

How much of a majority does the PM have now?

With all the fiddly bits and counting the 10 DUP it's 7 or 8, I reckon.

The joker in the pack are the Shinners (7 seats who say they will never take up their seats). However Brexit will have a significant impact in Ireland, so who knows what will happen now?

And the final salary pension is now closed to further accrual.
True.

Still, a better deal than anything else I'm aware of (not involving drug trafficking, white slavery or getting my arse shot off).

Latest Threads