La Palma Volcano lets rip

At least the worst case, Mega Tsunami theory has, thus far, been proven incorrect. Or there would be several million people trying to make evolution work really, really quickly and develop gills.

I am in no way an expert but it looks as if the cone on the right side of the screen is giving way as well, gradually. The eruption is noisier (or they've got better microphones :) )

TamH70

MIA
And does that make you Frankenfurter?

The Narrator, Shirley, if one is observing the film's historical proprieties?

From Sunday:

The lava advances faster and devastates the church and the health center of Todoque The Canarian TV program BTC captured live the moment in which the bell tower of the Church of the Todoque neighborhood succumbed this Sunday to the push of the lava.

La lava avanza más rápido y arrasa la iglesia y el centro de salud de Todoque

This screen grab shows the lava when it was 1600 metres from the sea.

1632774994930.png

Getting lively at Mount Doom

It looks as if there is a second vent (if that's the right term). On the other stream, it looks as if there are multiple active vents along the ridgeline, though not the same size as the main one. It makes you wonder about the stability of the mountainside.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
It looks (to my eyes) like the lava flow has sped up significantly. It certainly looks like far more than 300 meters per hour.

Looks like things are getting a bit lively near the coast. Arguments continue in Spanish & English about the lava reaching the sea. Although apparently good news, in that it isn't destroying any more houses, there will be some nasty gasses released. (Andfor once, I can't be blamed.)

It looks (to my eyes) like the lava flow has sped up significantly. It certainly looks like far more than 300 meters per hour.
I'm watching it now while on lunch break. We are about 18 hours into an intense eruption atm. The flow does seem increased - I haven't seen many new, news reports but that much lava must be increasing the risk of it getting to the coast?

Looks like things are getting a bit lively near the coast. Arguments continue in Spanish & English about the lava reaching the sea. Although apparently good news, in that it isn't destroying any more houses, there will be some nasty gasses released. (And for once, I can't be blamed.)

Aye, right. You smelt it, you dealt it. ;)

Latest Threads