La Palma Volcano lets rip

The volcano La Palma, Canaries Islands, as gone off in a big way. Video on and This is the one which was proposed as a possible source of a Mega Tsumani which would wipe out the East Coast of the Americas. This theory was subsequently shown to be implausible.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
The volcano La Palma, Canaries Islands, as gone off in a big way. Video on and This is the one which was proposed as a possible source of a Mega Tsumani which would wipe out the East Coast of the Americas. This theory was subsequently shown to be implausible.

Is there anything in English? It's rather tiresome having to pretend that the Armada won.

index.jpg

Scorchio!

Beaten to it by @Sam The Bam

Chris Waddell

Any chance of a tsunami?

Should East Coast Americans be bugging out towards high ground about now?

This is the one which was proposed as a possible source of a Mega Tsumani which would wipe out the East Coast of the Americas. This theory was subsequently shown to be implausible.

I'm not convinced that is accurate.

Critics thought that the wave heights might have been calculated incorrectly/over-optimistically (pessimistically) and would not be as high as originally suggested.

If you live a few feet above sea level in Florida even a significant reduction in tsunami crest height is all a bit academic.

Very doubtful.
The folks in the town below are being evacuated pronto. As I would too, given the speed the lava is descending the hill.
The Evil Emperor is currently watching that thick, slow moving lava flow, and hoping for a certain type of sightseer to come along...

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Americanos?
I was thinking more of the kind of people who'd be tempted to take a selfie in front of the flow, or play chicken with it, or try 'firewalking' across the top...

Americanos might attempt the selfie. Certain British, all three.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
I was thinking more of the kind of people who'd be tempted to take a selfie in front of the flow, or play chicken with it, or try 'firewalking' across the top...

Americanos might attempt the selfie. Certain British, all three.
Ah, right, so 'reality TV' participants / watchers then?

Latest Threads