L9A1 9mm pistol

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by gorilla, Dec 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How would you go about firering 9mm blanks through a pistol
  2. You wouldn't.

There is no BFA for the 9 milly and theoretically, you would have to manually reload after each "shot".
  3. Nor is there any 9mm Blank in the system. Or never used to be?

You would have to re-co ck the weapon after each round.
  4. You dont half ask some bone questions Gorilla.
  5. No recoil and recycling by hand- so why would you want to use blank?
  6. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

What do you want to use it for?

I know that you can buy 9 millis for blank use only, i don't know what theyve had done to them, but they work! I've seen them used in artsy fartsy stuff.
  7. Like walty grenades, I seem to remember they take shotgun blanks as well. For "Mil-Sim" apparently, where airsofters load the correct amount of BB's in the magazine and think that makes it alright.
  8. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Yeah, but actual pistols too...!
  9. Crumbs.... bananananana (RMP on excercise without blanks = rest of the army ratatatatat)
  10. Ok, when in Belize in 1992 I did some work with the Dog Team, and had to play enemy for them, got to run around Airport Camp with a 9 Milly with blanks, had to be re-cocked by hand after each shot :( The blanks were supplied from the RAF Police.......
  11. You can get Blank firing barrels for any pistol which saves having to recock everytime.
  12. Do you really think your bog standard armourer would hold a few in his armoury? Be real dude!!!
  13. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Yep!Never came across anything like that when I was a armourer!Besides it would'nt take much for someone to try & put a live round down it!
  14. don't know why you are giving him such a hard time. seen 9mm blank used lots down in hythe and lydd during the early 90s for NI training.

the blanks themselves were very poor and caused lots of stoppages. don't know if they are any better with the SIG.

15. Seconded, the quality of the 9 mil blank was terrible! Regular jams and many visits to armourer to extract jammed rounds. :x

IIRC they were manufactured in India or Pakistan.