L9A1 9mm pistol

gorilla

War Hero
How would you go about firering 9mm blanks through a pistol
 
You wouldn't.

There is no BFA for the 9 milly and theoretically, you would have to manually reload after each "shot".
 
You dont half ask some bone questions Gorilla.
 

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
What do you want to use it for?

I know that you can buy 9 millis for blank use only, i don't know what theyve had done to them, but they work! I've seen them used in artsy fartsy stuff.
 
BBear said:
What do you want to use it for?

I know that you can buy 9 millis for blank use only, i don't know what theyve had done to them, but they work! I've seen them used in artsy fartsy stuff.
Like walty grenades, I seem to remember they take shotgun blanks as well. For "Mil-Sim" apparently, where airsofters load the correct amount of BB's in the magazine and think that makes it alright.
 
Crumbs.... bananananana (RMP on excercise without blanks = rest of the army ratatatatat)
 

Tango34_UK

War Hero
Ok, when in Belize in 1992 I did some work with the Dog Team, and had to play enemy for them, got to run around Airport Camp with a 9 Milly with blanks, had to be re-cocked by hand after each shot :( The blanks were supplied from the RAF Police.......
 
Do you really think your bog standard armourer would hold a few in his armoury? Be real dude!!!
 

spike7451

RIP
RIP
me n bee said:
Do you really think your bog standard armourer would hold a few in his armoury? Be real dude!!!
Yep!Never came across anything like that when I was a armourer!Besides it would'nt take much for someone to try & put a live round down it!
 

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
Moderator
don't know why you are giving him such a hard time. seen 9mm blank used lots down in hythe and lydd during the early 90s for NI training.

the blanks themselves were very poor and caused lots of stoppages. don't know if they are any better with the SIG.
 
CRmeansCeilingReached said:
don't know why you are giving him such a hard time. seen 9mm blank used lots down in hythe and lydd during the early 90s for NI training.

the blanks themselves were very poor and caused lots of stoppages. don't know if they are any better with the SIG.

Seconded, the quality of the 9 mil blank was terrible! Regular jams and many visits to armourer to extract jammed rounds. :x

IIRC they were manufactured in India or Pakistan.


fastmedic
 
The pistol doesnt need a BFA. Its recoil operated, not gas operated.

Would probably cycle okay with a weaker spring in it, or a more powerful black powder blank.
 
I used 9 mill blank with my SMG almost every exersize. Had to cock it each time. I seem to remember instead of the end of the round being crimped off wirth the brass it had a black plastic end. Completly pointless as it only used to go off with a disapointing " Phutttt" anyway. I,ve farted louder !!!!

LT.
 

spike7451

RIP
RIP
I've seen a 'new' kind of blank lying all over B/K!It's not black crimped plastic like the old ones,The brass is shorter & instead of the crimp end,it's a cream plastic with a plastic collar & a smaller opening.Never had these in my day.
 
I got involved, very briefly, with a Sect 5 company that was involved with TV and film, supplying blank firing firearms and safety training for the actors.

Suffice to say that, to get a blow-back pistol or SMG, to work with blank you have to have virtually butcher the piece. The barrel has to have a restiction in the bore, usually a plug threaded in, with a gas relief hole. Locking lugs also have to be ground away or the thing simply will not function, even with the strongest blank available, believe me, I've tried! :x

It's an expensive way to operate; built-for-the-task blank-firers are a lot cheaper and safer; the exhaust gases are usually vented upwards. The most convincing example I've seen, so far, is the Glock and everybody loves a Glock, it seems. :?
 
OldAdam said:
I got involved, very briefly, with a Sect 5 company that was involved with TV and film, supplying blank firing firearms and safety training for the actors.

Suffice to say that, to get a blow-back pistol or SMG, to work with blank you have to have virtually butcher the piece. The barrel has to have a restiction in the bore, usually a plug threaded in, with a gas relief hole. Locking lugs also have to be ground away or the thing simply will not function, even with the strongest blank available, believe me, I've tried! :x
Eh? I have used blanks with quite a few different types of SMG, and have never had any major problems. It's just a metter of fitting the BFA, or in some cases a replacement barrel, and off you go!

As to pistols, I can't say too much as I've never fired one with blank, but wouldn't it just be the barrel and recoil spring that would need changing?

One more thing, I could be wrong, but I don't think blow back pistols are locked at any time. Isn't it just the spring tension that holds the action closed until the weapon is fired?
 

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top