L85A2 on american gun forum owned by a chap in pakistan.....

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by 3coyguy, May 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,
    Whilst having a flit around on the american gun forums i have come across this thread:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382937

in it a chap from Pakistan is detailing how excited he is to have finally got an L85A2 and that he thinks it may have come across the Border from Afghanistan, is it just me or is this a bit sick???

Anyone got any idea if/how many L85A2's have been lost in combat? As i really can't see this have been issued in any AID program.

Your thoughts please.

thanks

2. It is probably a 'Khyber Pass Special'.

3. what a disturbed bunch of people who need to get out a bit more! (without there guns i must add)

4. "Last night I could not sleep so I decided to strip down my 85a2 and clean it. Let me tell you how much I appreciated my AKs and M4s after this"

errrrrrrr get a life springs to mind you freak

5. Can't access the forum.

Any pics - serial numbers etc? :twisted:

6. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

He posted this looks pukka
    He states he's test fired it and it uses 5.56 NATo so hows he getting the ammo for it aswell
    Gave $12,500 for it from an arms dealer

[​IMG]

7. Is it just me or does that SUSAT look iffy?

I know it's missing the rubber eyepiece, but it looks too tall?

Rifle looks right at first glance though....

If it was an A1 I could believe it's come from a legitimate source - some were sold direct to the public and some turned up after the the Nottingham factory was cleared out!

8. It has an A1 handguard?
    But a A2 body?

9. Is it one of those new cadet rifles. :D
    Agreed with the SUSAT, doesnt look quite right somehow, but may just be the fact its black, most of the ones i see dont have nuch paint left on them.

10. Nah, its not a cadet one :p

Its an A1 inside? as the gas rod spring is not red? etc..
    Also its cocked.. the hammer is down.. knober there

11. The SUSAT's fine. Looks normal to me

12. Any chance of discretely getting the serial number of the weapon.

i.e. not mentioning you want to pass the details on becuase its stolen.

I know some people who are quite interested to know its origins movements and where it has ended up.

13. I really cant tell the difference between the A1 and A2 Rifles, but then again I've only seen the A1 in pictures.

The dust cover's not closed and its in hot sandy conditions as well, tut tut tut.

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

They are definetly an odd lot but Biped is barking up the wrong tree, there is no more goryness than in his MG34. It would however be nice to find out where it came from. I tried zooming in but the pic is too low definition for the serial number.

15. It's certainly not from Dara - their ability at pressed meal is iffy at best,
    but I have yet to see any furniture that is just passable in wood,
    let alone bakelite or more modern plastics.

This imo is real and the fact that he paid $12,500 makes it almost certainly a captured weapon and sold on as trophy.

I doubt that he will come forward with the ser. no. as it could determine the distribution route.