L4 LMG mag pouches

ugly

LE
Does anyone have any pics of the LMG pouches that came in threes and held one mag in each pouch? I only recall seeing them in NI, in fact I didn't get any until a small mfo box of goodies arrived at NIPG for us to help ourselves.

Google found some in pairs, marked
S.V. 2097 MECO 1960
Not much help.

ugly

LE
That's not them, those are the assault chest kits. These fitted on your 58 belt like long triple x single mag pouches. I wish I had taken a photo

That's not them, those are the assault chest kits. These fitted on your 58 belt like long triple x single mag pouches. I wish I had taken a photo
I found an image on Google that looks almost right but I keep losing connection when I attempt to copy the link..

I do remember ?.. seeing some Marines in NI with I think leather jerkins and the old , sorry Bren pouches.

Might just be blended memories.

Last edited:

ugly

LE
No its none of those, presstud buttons and top flaps, some were available in webbing and some were in Nylon similar to 72 pattern but darker!

My Dad had quite a few of the two and three Bren magazine pouches. Part of the stuff he brought home with him, I think.

ugly

LE
Some were made of a material similar to this but they were a flat 3 mag pouch set consisting of three individual mag pouches with flaps over the tops and press stud closure. No means of attaching a yoke but with a wide belt loop high up on the rear!

Found four together but they are the C2 Bra, 30 round magazines, for the Canadian C2/C2A1.

ugly

LE
I wasn't actually looking for LMG pouches, I got distracted trying to find single mag pouches for M14 mags.:twisted:
I have a TMR2 that takes them despite the makers claiming they don't fit. FFS it came with one!

Don't know, this was sept 86 and some of the lads in the rifle companies were issued them too!
Hmm?..... wondering why, when they fitted into normal ammo pouches? (seeing as they were originally designed for them)

Found those Canadian ones on google.... being a tw@t on RoPs has prevented me adding the pic or even more mirth ;-)

ugly

LE
Ive asked for pictures on the Bn facebook page. I doubt any pics exist!

ugly

LE
I certainly remember the ones we got at Ballykinler were made of a similar material to the old GS bergan but a shade darker. The lads in the rifle companies had webbing ones.

Remember coming across some sevensixtytwice pouches that a long loop used to attach them to the webbing belt - bit like the .44 pattern water bottle pouches.

These though had internal dividers and were much more tailored to the magazines though for the life of me I can't remember if L4 magazines fitted in them.

Latest Threads