L1A1 Barrel Profile / Drawing wanted

Finally had a barrel delivery , its a simplified profile , we will turn them down to suit the dummy gas blocks.

Attachments

ugly

LE
Finally had a barrel delivery , its a simplified profile , we will turn them down to suit the dummy gas blocks.
Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Thinking about a decent railed top cover now

The guy I`m working with on this project is doing all the machining , as its not a straight forward job machining the barrel he used a used 6.5mm barrel we had spare to confirm the measurements worked , so here we have possibly the first ever 6.5 x47 L1A1 , we`ll be taking it out for test firing this coming week .

Attachments

Last edited:
He`s run a dummy round through it and it extracts okay (I cant upload the mp4 clip) hopefully it will be the same with live ammo.

Try this

Last edited:

Robme

LE
The guy I`m working with on this project is doing all the machining , as its not a straight forward job machining the barrel he used a used 6.5mm barrel we had spare to confirm the measurements worked , so here we have possibly the first ever 6.5 x47 L1A1 , we`ll be taking it out for test firing this coming week .
Why?
Surely the benefit of ‘That’ rifle over say the bog-o-shote that toms are forced to use at the moment, is that when you aim at the Jesser on a figure 11 is that it is more likely to explode?

4(T)

LE

I was about to jump in with an instinctive comment like "how did you go about balancing the gas system and piston spring to deal with the new round, and also...."

....oh, wait. We're in UK, aren't we.

I was about to jump in with an instinctive comment like "how did you go about balancing the gas system and piston spring to deal with the new round, and also...."

....oh, wait. We're in UK, aren't we.
I`ll put some details on the Septic L1A1 pages when its finished , no doubt they`ll not understand straightpull`s .

I built an AR10 6.5 Creedmoor straightpull , extracts no problem , I did put some neck sized only ammo through it with out thinking , had a couple of slam fires , full length sized cases and thick walled primers only from now on.

Are you going to put a right-hand-side cocking handle on it so you can actually cycle it reasonably in the prone position?

Are you going to put a right-hand-side cocking handle on it so you can actually cycle it reasonably in the prone position?
Maybe , personally I think its easier to keep your right hand on the pistol grip and use your left hand to cock it , less shuffling around (AR15 straight pulls) .

Maybe , personally I think its easier to keep your right hand on the pistol grip and use your left hand to cock it , less shuffling around (AR15 straight pulls) .
Left-hand cocking when prone is more than just shuffling around :razz:

Or in any other position for that matter!!! :D

4(T)

LE
Right hand to control the gat and drop the mag (if your forefinger is long enough),

Left hand to whack on the new mag and rack the bolt ..... oh, and do up your P'58 ammo pouch...

This is the first barrel ,its in 6.5 CM , more machining than I first realised , the extractor slot was cut by hand by the guy who machined it, we`ve now got a 7.62x51 barrel fitted , off to the proof house in a few days .

Attachments

Now proofed in 7.62X51 / 308W , barrel cold blacked but the finish is too good , too shiny , test fire next week .

Attachments

Last edited:
Very jealous!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

You have done a good job on that. :cool:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer