• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

L129a1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two questions:
Sorry If this is in the wrong place but: Is the new Sharpshooter rifle (L129A1) issued at one per fire-team, or one per section, or one per platoon or what?.

When you are an officer, can you choose your weapon within the armies standard weapons (E.G could you choose to carry an LSW, or Minimi. And do Lieutenants, Captains, or Majors often get issued with pistols? is it their choice, or based on the mission at hand.

Yours, Leinad

I have two questions:
Sorry If this is in the wrong place but: Is the new Sharpshooter rifle (L129A1) issued at one per fire-team, or one per section, or one per platoon or what?.

When you are an officer, can you choose your weapon within the armies standard weapons (E.G could you choose to carry an LSW, or Minimi. And do Lieutenants, Captains, or Majors often get issued with pistols? is it their choice, or based on the mission at hand.

Yours, Leinad
all the best with this

I have two questions:

Yours, Leinad
"Hey love, bring us a couple of beers and the bag of cheesy snacks on your way back from the kitchen, would you?"

It depends who say "baggsy" first - pick whatever weapon you want, unless you're at back of the queue at the armoury; then you're stuck with an LSW.

Rumour has is that on H12 a certain CO rocked around with a shotgun. After trying to use the EOTech sight to have a skeg at a bloke in the distance, he had to be politely informed the sight had no telescopic properties...

Leinad. Dont listen to this lot, they are just fobbing you off. Currently in Afghan junior officers are issued with swords (or kukris if they are gurkha officers). Only Captains and above are actually allowed to carry a weapon as junior officers just cant be trusted. So, Captains are allowed to choose between a revolver and crossbow. Majors can choose an SA80 A1 or a Cadet GP. Lt Col and obove can take what they want, usually they tend to choose the GPMG or GMG. I hope that helps.

Arrse_onist

xx

Leinad. Dont listen to this lot, they are just fobbing you off. Currently in Afghan junior officers are issued with swords (or kukris if they are gurkha officers). Only Captains and above are actually allowed to carry a weapon as junior officers just cant be trusted. So, Captains are allowed to choose between a revolver and crossbow. Majors can choose an SA80 A1 or a Cadet GP. Lt Col and obove can take what they want, usually they tend to choose the GPMG or GMG. I hope that helps.

Arrse_onist

xx
You're talking rubbish. I know for a fact that they are now issuing the Nerf N-Strike Vulcan. You'll notice that the paint scheme has changed to blend in the Afghanistan environment:

Attachments

T

Tinman74

Rumour has is that on H12 a certain CO rocked around with a shotgun. After trying to use the EOTech sight to have a skeg at a bloke in the distance, he had to be politely informed the sight had no telescopic properties...

He should have used those damn FRAG rounds! Just saying like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads