L129A1 surefire flash hider vs bird cage flash hider ??

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by JOE118118, Sep 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i managed to get a uk legal L129A1 (no gas system) had the choice of the sure fire flash hider or the bird cage one, but since the sure fire was an extra £120 i went for the standard one! my question is is the sure fire flash hider better ??

2. What do you need to hide your flash for?

3. I think he's planning a spree killing but his opsec is shite.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 4
  4. the standard one came with the gun

5. Absolutely pointless unless you are somehow boring enough to hope someone comments upon how ally it looks.

6. He means why do you need a surefire flash hider when you already have one.

7. i leave that to the airsoft lot ! well atleast it looks like i didnt waste an extra £120 then!

8. It's pointless on a civilian rifle mate, the surefire really does what it says on the tin and hides the flash completely but it's simply not needed on civilian rifles.

9. edited: just been answered

10. cheers, can you still put a sound moderator over the a2 bird cage hiders ? i think you can just attach some sound moderators over the sure fire ones? might want to use one day for deer stalking maby

11. This thread right here is why you've been on my sigblock for a month.

You cock.

• Like Like x 2

12. now whats your problem ? not getting enough or are you on the rag again?

bell end

13. Flash hider?

How on earth did you get a variation for that?

14. no variation required, only for sound moderators / spare barrels / uppers / lowers / and of course adding another firearm and ammo to your ticket

15. You sure about that?

1968 Firearms Act Section 57 (1) (c) says otherwise

any accessory to any such weapon designed or adapted to diminish the noise or flash caused by firing the weapon.

If a moderator needs a slot, then a flash hider needs one too! (for clarity - it it was an integral part of the barrel, then it wouldn't)