L129 accidentally firing bursts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost_Boy

Old-Salt
Alright gents,

Has anyone experienced the L129 firing a burst of 2 or 3 rounds with a single trigger pull? If so, any idea what the cause is?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Take it to the unit armourer and report it as faulty.

It appears you fired off three threads with one click.

Alright gents,

Has anyone experienced the L129 firing a burst of 2 or 3 rounds with a single trigger pull? If so, any idea what the cause is?

Serious answer... why are you asking? Privately owned weapon?

The safety sear is no doubt fùcked. Not remember/been taught your BEEFS checks?

With the safety off, depress the trigger and cock the weapon. When you release the trigger, there should be a very audible click as the safety sear reasserts itself. I bet yours doesn't.

Far too complicated for know-nots.

See an armourer

Sear (firearm) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yup if you are blatting off too many rounds you are looking at sear issues.

F*ck me, I thought these things were given out to the more switched on cookies...

Has dropped to 'Crow Cannon' status that quick?

X59

LE
Holy schmoke, how are you allowed that weapon when you don't know the BEEFS? Oh, report to the CSM for AGAI action on your ND!!

Lost_Boy

Old-Salt
When carrying the function check, the sear on the weapon did audibly engage with a click. However, it still continued to fire the occasional 2 or 3 rounds with a single trigger pull.

Are there any other likely causes?

When carrying the function check, the sear on the weapon did audibly engage with a click. However, it still continued to fire the occasional 2 or 3 rounds with a single trigger pull.

Are there any other likely causes?

You have Parkinsons.

Possibly a worn sear. Get the armourer to check it out.

Or possibly an ND, panick followed by a trigger pull, followed by another panicked pull of a trigger.

Take it to an armourer. Likely cause is still sear.

Edit:

Unless you are trying to try bluff your way out of an nd.

I wager the OP is 6 stone, has glass shoulders and is allowing the recoil and subsequent return to battery of the working parts to push the trigger against his finger.

Either that or some bellend has tried to lighten the trigger.

Sometimes lower powered ammo will do this , also "bump" firing.

HE117

LE
Sometimes lower powered ammo will do this , also "bump" firing.
Unlikely in an AR type action I would think... this fault really only happens in guns that fire from an open bolt such as Sterlings and PPSh...

Basically it comes down to a broken disconnector/sear. If it was a jammed firing pin it would slam fire..(i.e. fire when the bolt closes)

You DID do your function tests now didn't you?

Last edited:

Lost_Boy

Old-Salt
Ref: lower-powered ammo. Unless you've got a bad batch, that shouldn't be a problem with issued green spot should it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads