L/Cpl Martyn Compton

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Unsworth, Mar 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Stanislav makes a fair few excellent points and I wish I was as erudite...but what's with the pop at CGS? He is certainly not of the toadying-up-your-arrse persuasion so ably demonstrated by many of his predecessors.
  2. .

Which got the other thread sh*tcanned , along with the other irrelevant dross hitched to it.

None of which has not been stated on Arrse before, and far more eloquently and with greater insight by various contributors, some of whom are very very close to the articulations of the Palace of Mirrors.

We can all rant and rave, but getting something that wrong mid-rant , and smearing the hardest working, most loyal to the troops CGS for years into the bargain is just garbage.
  3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

What has Stanislav's rant got to do with William getting young Compton some tickets for the game?

Well done William I say. Even if it was for poofball. :)
  4. Thanks for that link Unsworth. Stanislav's comments say it all, cutting straight to the bone.
  5. Now that my blood pressure has slightly reduced I'd just comment that there are many 'civilians' who are outraged by this appalling cynical treatment of the Armed Forces. Stanislav may have got some details wrong, and some here might disagree with him, but at least he's on the right side.

Ainsworth is truly a terrible Minister. He's all over the place, as is that clown Browne. I've watched Browne in Committee and he's almost incoherent. It would be hilarious were it not so serious.
  6. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Does anyone know how I can contact Martyn :?
  7. Is this the same CGS who last year caused a shoite storm in the press and the very next day was up at sparrows fart to be in front of the press rapidly backtracking and saving his career?

He may be the most Loyal CGS for years... but he is a political animal, I suppose you have to be as CGS, but his main interest is his career
  8. good on the princes why not help out one of the lads would we all not do the same if you cnt use your perks whats the point well done