L/Cpl Jordan Bancroft

Have you Arrsers seen what the MOD have done to him!
KIA and the bean counters have taken £433 off his pay because he was paid in advance and died before pay day.
Bastards
Mods please feel free to redirect me but I feel this is the right forum

Fire up le Bus des Ouráges (I believe like the navy we're now sharing some assets with the French)

Have you Arrsers seen what the MOD have done to him!
KIA and the bean counters have taken £433 off his pay because he was paid in advance and died before pay day.
Bastards
Mods please feel free to redirect me but I feel this is the right forum
Use the search function you thick kunt! It's all explained on the other thread, in the real press as well.

Would you like to rant about any other non-stories while you're here knob head?

A few years back the US Army tried the same sort of thing. They refused to allow a soldier to be separated from the Army until he paid the cost of his "missing" ballistic vest. It wasn't missing. The medics cut the vest from him in order to save his life and, as it was bloodstained, destroyed it as a biohazard.

Officious haemorrhoids.

R

renamed_user

Hopefully this is all down to an over zealous civvie pen pusher at the MOD, a civvie who probably comes from a third world shit hole country has no interest or passion for UK armed forces.
Either way this f**kwit who sent the letter needs a kick up the arse. Why isn't the local MP driving this bus?

Hopefully this is all down to an over zealous civvie pen pusher at the MOD, a civvie who probably comes from a third world shit hole country has no interest or passion for UK armed forces.
Either way this f**kwit who sent the letter needs a kick up the arse. Why isn't the local MP driving this bus?
Probably because he read more than just the first outrage-fueled post you fucking mong.

Sent from my X10i, probably from the loo, using Tapatalk.

the search function you thick kunt! It's all explained on the other thread, in the real press as well.

Would you like to rant about any other non-stories while you're here knob head?

STAB
Fancy a willy comparison to compare knob heads. Can we have a competition here to compete with size?

R

renamed_user

Probably because he read more than just the first outrage-fueled post you fucking mong.

Too much cider again? Go fuck yourself cunt face! Seeing what time you posted I assume you already probably have. By the way you are a cunt.

Too much cider again? Go fuck yourself cunt face! Seeing what time you posted I assume you already probably have. By the way you are a cunt.
But I'm a cunt who can both read and think, which immediately puts me at an advantage over you.

Don't feel bad. Someone has to go on life's bottom rung.

R

renamed_user

But I'm a cunt who can both read and think, which immediately puts me at an advantage over you.

Don't feel bad. Someone has to go on life's bottom rung.

You can both read (well a bit anyway) and write from the "loo" you must be near the top of Bristolian society, I doff my cap to you.

M

Mark The Convict

Veering recklessly back on topic, courtesy of jim30;

'If you dig a little deeper into the situation, several things become clear. Firstly, everyone in defence who is killed on duty, no matter where it occurs ceases to be paid from 2359 on the day that they are killed. However, if you read the AFF notes on bereavement, you'll see that this immediately triggers a number of other payments (http://www.aff.org.uk/linkedfiles/af...ereavement.pdf).

The next thing to remember is that MOD does not usually recover pay from troops pay accounts on the months pay run if someone is killed to late to stop the pay run from being modified - e.g. in this case, the soldier was killed late in the month, and the MOD paid his NOK full wages until the end of that month. MOD knows full well that to recover pay during the time after a casualty occurs is very upsetting, and as such it doesnt do this.

What the MOD has done though is change entitlements so that personnels NOK now receive an ex gratia payment for outstanding leave - in this case, what has happened is that the military pay section has worked out how much money his NOK were due as a result of the outstanding leave, worked out how much they received as a result of not amending the payrun when he was killed and paid the net difference. They have also had the courtesy to explain why they've done this to the NOK, rather than just sending an amount and not explaining why it was less than they were expecting.

In reality the family haven't been docked any pay at all - they have been given the correct pay due to them as a result of the leave balance (and in fact this is more than they would previously have received). The Army hasn't phrased the letter brilliantly, but they are entirely correct in their actions.

What people need to remember is that when you leave employment, either through retiring, resigning, being let go, or sadly being killed, then you lose the automatic entitlement to payment. I can only begin to imagine the outrage that would be on display here if a chavvy benefit type died, and his family received an overpayment of benefits after his death which they then did not seek to recover if it was appropriate to do so. That is what the Army has done - it has merely ensured that someones NOK has received the correct amount of public money, and not more than they are entitled to.

Sadly you are right. Too many "jobs worths" who just do the job with their thumb up bum and mind in neutral, and are too scared to challenge the system if they see something wrong.

What ever happened to good old common dog (common sence)?

Rant over, and out....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Aviation 7
R Aviation 7
N Classified Ads 20