L.a. Noire

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by ZappBrannigan, Mar 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just watched this on Youtube,looks excellent,all in game footage,the graphics look superb especially the facial expressions,if its as good as Red Dead Redemption it should be a winner.
    YouTube - RockstarGamesGB's Channel

2. It does look really good,its on my to buy list.

3. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Aye, it does look pretty special. The graphics will need to be every bit as good as promised if they plan to make it as playable as they say. You're supposed to be looking for tell-take flickers in expression when questioning suspects and all sorts!

4. Bruno,the facial expressions ARE 99% perfect.They have spent a shed load of money developing new technology for this game.Check out the vids on their site,especially the one about behind the scenes.Also ALL the vids are made of IN GAME shots,not some hyoed up scenes for advertising.I am sure you will be impressed,the closeness of the computers face to the actors face is rather uncanny.

L.A. Noire | Rockstar Games

5. BrunoNoMedals

Oh don't worry I've checked them all out, and it does look pretty special!

6. BrunoNoMedals

So who else has got this on pre-order? Mine was despatched yesterday so I'm expecting it to be waiting for me on the doorstep when I get back. Pre-ordered for PS3 via Game so I've got "The Naked City" DLC pack to look forward to.

I can see this forum getting flooded with "how/who the ****...?" requests soon - we'll all need to be careful not to give away any spoilers!

7. Picking mine up from Game tomorrow!

8. BrunoNoMedals

It's pretty ace. Still getting used to interviewing people though.

9. Is this worth getting then from your early impressions? I believed the hype about Heavy Rain and found it to be a pretty dull interactive movie - is this any different?

10. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Its out already? Those bastards Zavvi said 'will arrive on day of release'! I knew it was too good to be true! Lying *******. I can't even play it at the weekend if it doesn't comes tomorrow as I am going to the O2 boxing on Saturday!

IGN said it was repetative and had huge sections imported from GTA. Really, when have Rockstar NOT done that? We play their games because of that. They still gave it 85% though, which confused me. Still, I have long thought companies 'purchase' good reviews for some games. I still thing this will be great, but I doubt I will enjoy it as much as GTA or Red, Dead Redemption.

11. I don't have my copy yet but if its made by Rockstar then enough said really!

12. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Did you play Farenheit before it? Yeah there are loads of cut scenes and not so much 'playing', but it was the interative movie quality that I liked from it. Kind of like bridging genres, and something that hasn' really ever succeeded but is sure to feature a lot more in the future.

13. Don't get me wrong, I can see where the quality was in Heavy Rain but I didn't really feel like I was playing a game, more like a series of QTEs with the odd decision to be made and massive chunks of non-interactive exposition. Never mind though, horses for courses!

14. BrunoNoMedals

This is nothing like GTA or Red Dead - it really is very cut-scene focused. They throw in some GTA-like car chases and gunfights to keep it interesting, but it's not so much an action game. It's half-way between that and the interactive movies mentioned. I suppose it depends what you're into. This is interesting so far, with the possibility for tedium if they don't keep each case fresh, but I do worry about the replayability value.

15. Yeah the facial expressions are shit hot; but how enjoyable will looking for clues and interrogating people be after case one. Me personally, 15mins play time tops.