L-22A2 Carbine poo or perfect

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Vaughany, Nov 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone been issued the SA80 AFV yet. If so is it any good or is it just the government trying to emulate the americans with a stupidly short carbine.
  2. You do realise this is the Aviation forum and by default, we dont do guns. You may wish to ask in one of the grotty forums such as Tankies.
  3. I assume you refer to the stubby K as its coloquially known. Havent had the pleasure yet but all seem happy with it where I am.
  4. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

The man's a wind-up Cnut anyway - ignore him. Look at his CV.

5. yeah, because we buy things just so that we can look like the Americans.

6. Its not a bad bit of kit actually,

Good commonality of bits and training, accurate, 20 or 30 rnd mag
    X4 SUSAT

Loads better than HK53, as most of em are all but shot out anyway

A step in the right direction, now all we need is an allocation for the Door-Gunners and selected Groundies.

Not going to start on organic CWS, helmet mounted night vision monocle
  7. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Yeah, give 'em to everyone except Inf, then we'll have collateral damage everywhere.
    For most people's health, can the non-skilled be issed with shotguns? Save range time [what's that/] ammo [anyone got some?] and reduce the risk of random rounds through valuable assets [people and eqpt].
    Beyond 30m, the average non-Inf isn't going to hit diddly-squat anyway, so why give them extravagant toys they can't use [or train with] properly?

8. Speaking for yourself there blue???

9. Did someone fail their APWT? diddums.
  10. That'l be a Airsoft one doublecrease.....
  11. Fired one at Shrivenham earlier this year... Not bad, not bad at all and better than that piece of crap the Sterling!
  12. Whats this, the Inf trying to look good on an Aviation site !!!
  13. I realise that there has been alot of bad blood towards me from some people. Especially from the aircraft recognition side of things, but i'd just like to point out a few things.
    first of all, blue_sophist, I only joined on Friday and I don't really know what the hell is going on so i'm sorry. Also I don't have an ejection hole as i'm not human in the normal sence.

Second i'm not inf. I'm an Air Cadet sergeant and I worship every member of the Army Air Corp. All i want to know is wether the L-22A2, or SA80K as some people call, it is good for the AAC so i'm soory for being a bit vague.

14. MDN, prepare the dungeon,
  15. DUNGEON!!!?!!!? That sounds a bit kinky for my liking!