KVM switches and lag question

Clues in the title gents

Im trying to tidy the rig up a bit so rather than have a shite load o cables and faffin around with monitor buttons Im looking to KVM all 4 of the machines on the bench.

Question for you boffins is how much lag should I expect when gaming with this setup ??
Over to you

Clues in the title gents

Im trying to tidy the rig up a bit so rather than have a shite load o cables and faffin around with monitor buttons Im looking to KVM all 4 of the machines on the bench.

Question for you boffins is how much lag should I expect when gaming with this setup ??
Over to you
There are a number of assumptions: USB or PS2 connections? VGA or HDMI? Is it fully buffered or pass through?

A decent KVM shouldn't introduce any more latency than a USB hub, but that might still be noticeable in some games.

Do you use a wired mouse and keyboard or a wireless one? Wireless + KVM means adding two lots of latency.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
what Draz says. if you're a twitch gamer and notice the difference (or even think you do) might be worth leaving your gaming rig directly connected. it's the reason I'm still cabled in 2021 - that and the fact that any wireless mouse and keyboard setup giving you good enough performance for gaming (looking at you logitech) eats batteries.

Cheers Guys

USB and HDMI (Im not a total Neanderthal) .The keyboard and Mouse is hardwired as I have seen delays when using wireless.

Im guessing its another "you get what you pay for " A cheap ass 80 quid Amazon number wont cut it

Cheers Guys

USB and HDMI (Im not a total Neanderthal) .The keyboard and Mouse is hardwired as I have seen delays when using wireless.

Im guessing its another "you get what you pay for " A cheap ass 80 quid Amazon number wont cut it

Cheap
Fast
Reliable

Pick any two.

Latest Threads