Kukri sheaf, where to buy

Slime

LE
quick question.
Is there an issue webbing kukri sheaf.
My issue kukri has a black leather/wood sheaf but im wondering if there is a modern MTP sheaf.

Just to avoid confusion, im no longer serving and have no need for a fighting knife etc. I use my kukri for 'bodging' and other outdoor wood cutting/carving.

Slime

LE
Sheath is also another name for a condom so would it be a receptacle for a knife you require, or something for the weekend?
Amazon possible, or DiY via Youtube. :cool:

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kukri Leather Sheath Only
I might be a bit old fashioned but the screen shots and titles of the linked vids suggest leather and wood!

I thought I'd mention that as I want to get away from a leather/wood sheath (not letting auto correct have its way again) as per my initial post :)

Slime

LE
If you struggle to find a pukka mtp/multicam sheath scabbard try a frog bayonet instead. It worked fine for mine when i thought it would be handy.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Pedantic? Not really, considering that they are two different words . . . and at least my speeling were correkt.
I was going to ask if his name was Smiff.

Glad I didn't now ....

Wood-lined sheaths are good for khukris- the way you 'curve' the blade back into the sheath you'll soon saw through canvas or nylon.

Slime

LE
Pedantic? Not really, considering that they are two different words . . . and at least my speeling were correkt.
No, your spelling wasn't correct.
If you can find ffs-it's in your dictionary I'd suggest you return it for a refund. Luckily I understood you were probably using f.f.s. and it's with a hyphen to join two separate items by adding the hyphen and subtracting the full stops.

Now, back to non wood/leather sheaths. :)

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
No, your spelling wasn't correct.
If you can find ffs-it's in your dictionary I'd suggest you return it for a refund. Luckily I understood you were probably using f.f.s. and it's with a hyphen to join two separate items by adding the hyphen and subtracting the full stops.

Now, back to non wood/leather sheaths. :)
You're not down wid da kids is you blud.....

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Wood-lined sheaths are good for khukris- the way you 'curve' the blade back into the sheath you'll soon saw through canvas or nylon.
Get a machete sheath. Had mine for over 20 years and haven't managed to saw through it yet.

Slime

LE
@Gravdigger
Your linked vids have been a source of inspiration! :)
I might have a go at making a sheath from plastic. It wouldnt be anything as fancy as Kydex but I've got some flexible sheets here that I could use to form a carcass.
I've made leather sheaths before and adapted some plastic ones so this could be a good project.

Chimp

ADC
Try it in one of these:

orgASMic

War Hero
PLCE bayonet frog will work for a standard kukri. Won't last much drawing and sheathing, though.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Slime

LE

Troy

LE
Here's a suggestion.

Make a sheath/scabbard from wood as shown above and then cover in with webbing. A good source of the webbing would be from an old '58 patt bum roll, and the fittings could be handy too. It could easily be stitched together, particularly if you use a Speedy Stitcher (Home). A gadget I can recommend having in your kit anyway.

Slime

LE
Here's a suggestion.

Make a sheath/scabbard from wood as shown above and then cover in with webbing. A good source of the webbing would be from an old '58 patt bum roll, and the fittings could be handy too. It could easily be stitched together, particularly if you use a Speedy Stitcher (Home). A gadget I can recommend having in your kit anyway.
I hadnt seen one of those before, that's a very interesting looking gadget.
:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Weapons, Equipment & Rations 80
bigjimdangley Army Reserve 2
kiltedrunner The Intelligence Cell 15

Latest Threads