• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Kriss Donald murder

#1
.

I imagine we all remember the Stephen Lawrence case, the Daminola Taylor case, and the Anthony Walker case - which were spashed across our screens nightly. Terrible murders.

However the worst ever racist murder in this country was of Kriss Donald, and the (second) trial in this case has been on for the last few weeks.

27th Oct
http://news.scotsman.com/glasgow.cfm?id=1588732006

3rd Nov
http://news.scotsman.com/glasgow.cfm?id=1626812006


Strange, but in London I have not heard anything about this case in the media, including the BBC and the good old 'Daily Rant'.

What happened here? - is Glasgow on another planet? - did someone slap a 'D' notice on the trial??


D
 
#2
Is that not because he was a Jock and they are now the enemy of the London chattering classes (e.g. See Boris Moron's tedious weekly anti Jock sentiment in the Torygraph).

You know the stuff - Repeated here and elsewhere. (e,g, Barnett formula, WLQ, ungrateful, 1966 etc.).
 
#3
dammatt said:
.

I imagine we all remember the Stephen Lawrence case, the Daminola Taylor case, and the Anthony Walker case - which were spashed across our screens nightly. Terrible murders.

However the worst ever racist murder in this country was of Kriss Donald, and the (second) trial in this case has been on for the last few weeks.

27th Oct
http://news.scotsman.com/glasgow.cfm?id=1588732006

3rd Nov
http://news.scotsman.com/glasgow.cfm?id=1626812006


Strange, but in London I have not heard anything about this case in the media, including the BBC and the good old 'Daily Rant'.

What happened here? - is Glasgow on another planet? - did someone slap a 'D' notice on the trial??


D
You mean such articles as this or this.

But perhaps You are referring only to newspaper articles, and so I refer You to this or this

I think You may be mistaken
 
#4
Sven said:
You mean such articles as this or this.

But perhaps You are referring only to newspaper articles, and so I refer You to this or this

I think You may be mistaken

I seem to remember that Stephen Lawrence and Anthony Walker were front page news for weeks on end, with double centerspread in-depth reports on the family and the 'community' and editorial analysis of the ramifications, plus lead items on the BBC for ten days straight and a 2 hour live coverage of one of the funerals.

In comparison, Kriss Donald has a mention at the beginning of the case on page 6 of the Gurardian and Mirror (and Times), none of which mention the severity of the assault and none mention that this was a racist attack.


Try these searches on the BBC site, and note the number of pages of 'hits' for each name.

Stephen Lawrence 217 pages of 'hits'
search result

Anthony Walter 116 pages of 'hits'
search result

Kriss Donald 8 pages of 'hits'
search result

(The result totals change for some reason, so it is worth trying more than once)

And Kriss Donald's case was, of course, the worst racist killing the country has ever witnessed. Please also bear in mind that the Donald case has already been to trial once, and a conviction of murder already secured, and so the number of 'hits' should be comparable to the other cases. So why the vast difference in search totals?

One life worth more than another?




D
 
#5
We get plenty of reports in papers, TV and radio up here so it is being reported. I think your problem is not one of suppressing the news rather editors of news media in England are some what Anglo centric and stuff that happens up here is of little interest unless it involves and Englishman. This clearly didn't so in England it is non news.

Peter
 
#6
dammatt said:
And Kriss Donald's case was, of course, the worst racist killing the country has ever witnessed.
The "worst racist killing"? Surely that's a subjective assessment. In what way was it worse than any other racist murder?

The Damilola Taylor case doesn't count, as it was just an inner city couple of thugs killing a child, not a racist attack.
 
#7
CardinalSin said:
dammatt said:
And Kriss Donald's case was, of course, the worst racist killing the country has ever witnessed.
The "worst racist killing"? Surely that's a subjective assessment. In what way was it worse than any other racist murder?

The Damilola Taylor case doesn't count, as it was just an inner city couple of thugs killing a child, not a racist attack.
Of course such things are subjective, but this boy was tortured for some hours before being killed.

Peter
 
#8
Heretic said:
He was kidnapped, beaten, tortured, castrated, murdered then set on fire. This is indeed the most savage racist murder in the UK except of course, Kriss was the wrong skin colour wasn't he?

Odd how the majority of racist murders are carried out by the minorities.

Guess it isn't murder, just a celebration of cultural diversity.
If it was not a murder then why are three people currently being tried for his racially agravated murder?

Peter
 
#9
.

Sven said:
You mean such articles as this or this.

But perhaps You are referring only to newspaper articles, and so I refer You to this or this

I think You may be mistaken
Since you like the Guardian's reports so much, here is a comparison of searches in that newspaper.

Guardian results:
Stephen Lawrence 2571 search 'hits'
result

Anthony Walker 572 search 'hits'
result

Kriss Donald 16 search 'hits'
result


And for comparison, here is your Mirror newspaper.
Stephen Lawrence over 100 search 'hits'
result

Anthony Walker 100 search 'hits'
result
(you will note a lot of secondary references in these reports)

Kriss Donald 2 search 'hits'
result


Again, there is a great disparity, but what is the difference between these cases? What is the factor that makes the murder of Stephen Lawrence more reportable than that of Kriss Donald? - even when the latter was a more premeditated and grusome murder.

Are all the newspaper and TV news teams institutionally racist?
If not, who controls the media so tightly that there is a blanket news blackout (sic) on the Donald case?
How is it that even the Daily Rant does not put the Donald case on its front page?

Is our media more controlled than the old Soviet TASS, that we all used to take the Michael out of?
Are we no more 'free' than the gullible pawns of the old USSR?
Have we succumbed to the despotic evils of the Thought Police, that we fought so hard to eradicate in Eastern Europe? If so, just what was the Cold War for?



D
 
#10
Heretic said:
He was kidnapped, beaten, tortured, castrated, murdered then set on fire. This is indeed the most savage racist murder in the UK except of course, Kriss was the wrong skin colour wasn't he?...
What was the background?

I wouldn't dare suggest that there would ever be a 'good' reason for committing such acts but did they pick him randomly off the street as the 'next white guy' (in pure racist style) or did he attract their attentions in some other way?

I guess what I'm saying is: Is it not possible that this is an extremely violent murder that happens to be 'black' on white?
 
#11
dammatt said:
.
...Is our media more controlled than the old Soviet TASS, that we all used to take the Michael out of?
Are we no more 'free' than the gullible pawns of the old USSR?
Have we succumbed to the despotic evils of the Thought Police, that we fought so hard to eradicate in Eastern Europe? If so, just what was the Cold War for?..
Have you been drinking sir?
 
#12
Heretic said:
It very much is a murder, I was merely illustrating the institutionalised hypocrisy of the media and the Islington set regarding the true racists in UK. Most violent racists are among the ethnic minorities.... fact.

There are many more assaults and murders on the indiginous population which are not considered racially motivated purely because they prove the failure of the foolish multi cultural experiment. The truth is being supressed.
As I have pointed out it is very widely covered in Scotland, to the point of being boring, it is in every papaer, every radio news broadcast, every TV news bulletin, the problem is for the English, the Anglo centric media do not care about what happens here so you get little or no coverage. You must remeber that even the big English newspaper names publish Scottish editions now and they have all got the gory details but deem that reporting it in England does little for their circulation. B*gger all to do with the PC problems you allude to, more to the anti Scots attitude in England.

Peter
 
#13
NonGrad said:
Heretic said:
He was kidnapped, beaten, tortured, castrated, murdered then set on fire. This is indeed the most savage racist murder in the UK except of course, Kriss was the wrong skin colour wasn't he?...
What was the background?

I wouldn't dare suggest that there would ever be a 'good' reason for committing such acts but did they pick him randomly off the street as the 'next white guy' (in pure racist style) or did he attract their attentions in some other way?

I guess what I'm saying is: Is it not possible that this is an extremely violent murder that happens to be 'black' on white?
It was random - wrong place, wrong time - and most of all wrong colour.

Howver the thing about the Lawrence murder in terms of amount of coverage is not the actual murder itself but the aftermath of murky goings on and the total failure to convict anyone when it was fairly f***ing obvious who had done it.

Kriss's family did not want him to be made some sort of figurehead or case study so I suggest you don't.
 
#14
NonGrad said:
What was the background?

I wouldn't dare suggest that there would ever be a 'good' reason for committing such acts but did they pick him randomly off the street as the 'next white guy' (in pure racist style) or did he attract their attentions in some other way?

I guess what I'm saying is: Is it not possible that this is an extremely violent murder that happens to be 'black' on white?


No it is not 'just a murder'. This was a deliberate, unprovoked, racist murder, as was decisively proven in the first trial (why do you not know about the first trial, eh?) See how tight the censorship was, and is.

Apparently the accused had been in a fracass the previous night with other individuals, and were simply looking for a 'white' to kill.

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland.cfm?id=1478452006


This is another reason for this being the worst racist murder ever, as it was so premeditated. Other murders, that we have all heard about, could well have been 'heat of the moment' murders (or even drug-dealing disputes). The Donald case was premeditated random racism, and so it is even more surprising that this particular case should be absent from all of our media outlets.

Either all of our media is institutionally racist, or we are living under blanket of controlled propoganda.


D
 
#15
clownbasher said:
NonGrad said:
Heretic said:
He was kidnapped, beaten, tortured, castrated, murdered then set on fire. This is indeed the most savage racist murder in the UK except of course, Kriss was the wrong skin colour wasn't he?...
What was the background?

I wouldn't dare suggest that there would ever be a 'good' reason for committing such acts but did they pick him randomly off the street as the 'next white guy' (in pure racist style) or did he attract their attentions in some other way?

I guess what I'm saying is: Is it not possible that this is an extremely violent murder that happens to be 'black' on white?
It was random - wrong place, wrong time - and most of all wrong colour.

Howver the thing about the Lawrence murder in terms of amount of coverage is not the actual murder itself but the aftermath of murky goings on and the total failure to convict anyone when it was fairly f***ing obvious who had done it.

Kriss's family did not want him to be made some sort of figurehead or case study so I suggest you don't.
Not quite a 'random' murder. The gang who perpetrated this hideous crime chose him to punish because the previous night, prat of Chris' gang assaulted members of or stole property from the asian gang. Does not excuse their brutual torture and murder of what is still essentially a child.
 
#16
It hasnt been as widely reported as the other murders quoted because young Kriss was white, had he been black or asian then all sorts of community support groups and racial equality groups would have been behind the grieving parents and giving the Police gyp to get the case solved quickly.

I for one can only remember seeing this case mentioned once before I saw this thread here on arrse, and as dammatt said its unlike the other cases which have had countless centre spreads and contless hours of tv news time.

its a simple case of 'positive discrimination' by the press
 
#17
geo7863 said:
It hasnt been as widely reported as the other murders quoted because young Kriss was white, had he been black or asian then all sorts of community support groups and racial equality groups would have been behind the grieving parents and giving the Police gyp to get the case solved quickly.

I for one can only remember seeing this case mentioned once before I saw this thread here on arrse, and as dammatt said its unlike the other cases which have had countless centre spreads and contless hours of tv news time.

its a simple case of 'positive discrimination' by the press
Read my post above, it is just the English media don't care about what happens in Scotland unless it involves and Englishman and this didn't.

Peter
 
#18
Agent_Smith said:
clownbasher said:
NonGrad said:
Heretic said:
He was kidnapped, beaten, tortured, castrated, murdered then set on fire. This is indeed the most savage racist murder in the UK except of course, Kriss was the wrong skin colour wasn't he?...
What was the background?

I wouldn't dare suggest that there would ever be a 'good' reason for committing such acts but did they pick him randomly off the street as the 'next white guy' (in pure racist style) or did he attract their attentions in some other way?

I guess what I'm saying is: Is it not possible that this is an extremely violent murder that happens to be 'black' on white?
It was random - wrong place, wrong time - and most of all wrong colour.

Howver the thing about the Lawrence murder in terms of amount of coverage is not the actual murder itself but the aftermath of murky goings on and the total failure to convict anyone when it was fairly f***ing obvious who had done it.

Kriss's family did not want him to be made some sort of figurehead or case study so I suggest you don't.
Not quite a 'random' murder. The gang who perpetrated this hideous crime chose him to punish because the previous night, prat of Chris' gang assaulted members of or stole property from the asian gang. Does not excuse their brutual torture and murder of what is still essentially a child.
Thought he just happened to be from the street the gang was associated with?

Advocate depute Mark Stewart QC asked Mohammed: "Look for who?"

Mohammed told him: "Anybody."

Mr Stewart asked: "Did he indicate it was to be a white person?"

Mohammed replied: "Yes."
 
#19
NonGrad said:
Have you been drinking sir?

Perhaps a dram if the Sun is on its proscribed course from the west to the east, but I do have an aversion to TASS and all that it stood for. Oh, that we should follow in their unenlightened footsteps.


D
 
#20
Maxi, the English press may not care what happens to an innocent young Scots lad but the English people do... we also suffer unreported racist murders too. It is endemic and in fact is state policy. The police and courts turn a blind eye. Just look at the "non racist" assault on a pregnant woman last week... Judge was a liberal idiot.
 

Latest Threads