Krico Stutzen

I'm thinking about getting a new rifle and while browsing the net yesterday found a full stocked Krico in .308 with a German scope marked NE on the turrets. While it is a quality rifle, it has been neglected and has some patches of rust on the outside of the barrel.

It's quite cheap , but I'm still unsure about the price due to it's condition.

Roughly what would the going rate be for this in the UK?

I've been informed on another forum that the NE on the scope may mean Nomura Elite. Is this correct? Anyone know more about this brand?

Thanks in advance

T_T

Cheers Tac. I think most of the rust is due to incorrect storage as it's been kept in an uninsulated garage. The bore looks pretty crisp, dirty, but crisp. The issue with the price of spares does worry me, as I've no idea if it has any hidden issues.

I've been checking gunsmiths and it looks like £150 for a reblue, plus anything else that needs doing (hopefully not too much)

The previous owner is recently deceased, and it's his family who are selling, so under the circumstances I'd feel a bit low pressing for a discount....

Yep, wait out.

Here you go Tac. Edit: The photo looks small, but if you right click and open in a new page it is full size.

Attachments

Krico or Kriegeskorte to give the full family name make the dogs items in sporting firearms, even their small-bore rabbit guns are rolls royce type items. If you buy one it's normally for life.
I've only got a .22LR bolt action from them, but it's mustard for woodies, crows and rabbit, definately a keeper!

The glass sounds like a right load of old tonk though, on a Krico you should be mounting a decent: S&B, Swarovski, or Zeiss glass. Meopta or Docter if you're skint.

You can obtain bits, data, advice etc. from them at "http://www.krico.de/" but they do tend to myther you with emails afterwards.

Thanks Cernunnos. I'm a bit lost with the scope, most of the writing seems to have worn off and pretty much all I can make out is 2.5-10x50 and Germany.

Attachments

Thanks Cernunnos. I'm a bit lost with the scope, most of the writing seems to have worn off and pretty much all I can make out is 2.5-10x50 and Germany.
That looks like a "Norconia" glass, i.e. Norinco, Chinese optics wearing Lederhosen and funny hats whilst pretending to be German.

O.K for the wee yin's aging BSA airsporter or for a budget .22lr bunny buster, but for little else!

That looks like a "Norconia" glass, i.e. Norinco, Chinese optics wearing Lederhosen and funny hats whilst pretending to be German.

O.K for the wee yin's aging BSA airsporter or for a budget .22lr bunny buster, but for little else!
Yupp, Norinco - Norconia it is, the NE is a registered trademark of Norinco's German stalking horse:

norconia gmbh jagd-sport | trade.mar.cx search

Mounting a Norinco glass on a Krico is like putting vinyl go faster stripes on a Bentley, only a **** would do so. If it were my rifle I would remove that scope and use it, the scope, as a club!

China-soldiers-German-trained-px800.jpg

They seem to do a lot of pretending to be German over in China.

Disappointing though! I had been hoping that it was a half decent scope. :frustrated:

I don't know what happened to my response I posted earlier - but here goes again -

1. Take it and run.

2. FFS oil that stock with a high quality stock oil - NOT anything from B&Q, but Napier or similar PROPER stuff.

3. I have not the faintest notion what the scope might be, but printed details usually = carp. Any real quality product has details engraved into the metal. A VERTICAL view would be an improvement over the angled view you've taken so far.

Now, the interesting bit - these guns REALLY like the lighter end bullets - 150/155gr - mine shoots Lapua PM 155gr stuff like a mad thing - 39.5gr of Vihtavuori N160 is a good place to start...set them around 10thou off the lands, too.

There are two 650SS in my club - one is mine, and both of them shoot under 1/5MOA with this particular load, however, if you intend to shoot SP bullets than you are on your own - we only shoot FMJs.

tac
Thanks for that Tac. Good to know. I've got some South African 147 grain stuff in the cupboard which might be ideal then!

Does anyone know were you can get a replacement magazine for a .22lr Krico?

They seem to be diamond tipped unobtanium.

PM me to email me to see my Krico, if you want to.

Yours will be the very first Mannlicher-style stocked Krico I have ever seen. If you are ever over in East Anglia please bring it with you and shoot on our range - we could make a Krico appreciation day of it.

tac
Could be fun. I'll have to sort out some stalking over there, and we could have a range day while I'm over.

Just been offered a Krico .22 for 80 quid as well, I may have to start a collection.

I presume that the quality is similar to their centre fire weapons?

Just got these from Tac of his Krico 650 Super Sniper. Nice looking set up!

Attachments

ugly

LE
There is a Kriko importer in Eastbourne or there was, I think he still has some left and can get parts. When they go wrong they tend to be dumped into the auctions as the cost of parts is steep but thats quite clear from the above posts. By the way there is no such thing as a Mannlicher style stock, Mannlicher was renowned for his meachanisms and magazines, in English its a full stock and in Eu speak a Stutzen. Mannlicher stocks is an awful americanism from the internet similar to describing ied fragments as shrapnel!

There is a Kriko importer in Eastbourne or there was, I think he still has some left and can get parts. When they go wrong they tend to be dumped into the auctions as the cost of parts is steep but thats quite clear from the above posts. By the way there is no such thing as a Mannlicher style stock, Mannlicher was renowned for his meachanisms and magazines, in English its a full stock and in Eu speak a Stutzen. Mannlicher stocks is an awful americanism from the internet similar to describing ied fragments as shrapnel!
The full stock is a feature of weapons intended for use in mountainous regions / distant shit hole, colonies etc. where it was easy to damage a barrel against rocks. Our own Enfields of WW1 were designed with the khyber pass in mind and were stutzen. It's a bit of a ball ache having climbed Kanchenjunga to have the rifle explode in your face in front of a laughing yeti. Mannlicher Schoenauer were in the business of producing rifles for mountain hunters "Gebirgsjaeger" and for leather trousered Alpine troops also known as "Gebirgsjaeger," they made little else hence the misunderstanding. The compact rotary magazine and the very very fine barrels, ideal for long range work, set them apart and made the Mannlicher legend. Sadly, many of the calibres used in the old Austrian guns have gone the way of the Kaiser, my guns need to work, otherwise believe me, I'd have one.

A full stock was always an option from British makers, my first BSA CF2 in .243 Win was one. I still have a CF2 in 7X64, my favourite, if favourites are allowed in a gun cabinet, a fine and very reliable rifle indeed, but the stutzen was just a bit nicer.

Latest Threads