KRH WEARING A GURKA BADGE?

Discussion in 'RAC' started by jockster, May 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anybody from KRH tell me why you wear a small set of Gurka blades on your mess dress?

2. 6th gurkhas and 14/20th share battle honour from battle of Medecina in Italy 1945. 6GR mess dress had "sh*te" hawk on sleeve, think it transfered over to RGR

3. These were two gold crossed Kukri's about the size of a two pence piece on both arms

4. was it on everyones arms or just one bloke?

5. It was on an attached(REME) Sgt, who still wears them now since being posted, which is why I find it strange

6. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

it's recipral thing KRH wears Khukris and 6GR (As where) wore double headed eagle on their sleeve.

Joint Battle honour as stated earlier.

7. As an Approved Regimental Embelishment only within the KRH, it should be removed when he was posted.

REME get to wear many stange embelishments when attached to differant units, including Lanyards, Arm Badges, Berets and other examples like Coloured Pullovers for Senior Ranks!

8. Yep - had a REME Staffy who wore black RTR coveralls despite us being inf!

9. someone who knows quality when he see's it then?

10. the shitehawk has only one head-----------it is not a double headed eagle,if you confuse KRH,with QDG you´re likely to get terribly dissapointed! :x

11. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

[quote="midnight

the shitehawk has only one head-----------it is not a double headed eagle,if you confuse KRH,with QDG you´re likely to get terribly dissapointed! :x[/quote]

oops, apologises it's some years since I saw it!

12. You´re forgiven!

Just hope the REME guy bumps into a real Ghurka that takes a dim view of his`borrowed`battle honour :twisted:

13. as a former member of both the 14/20th kings hussars and KRH i,ll inform you of the correct reason we wore the ghurka cukries

the 6th gurkha rifles and A sqn 14/20th kh share the battle of medicine and all members of the KRH wear the cross cukries and all members of the 6th ghurka,s wear the Prussian Eagle

it has nothing to do with any REME bods or attachments

hope this has helped you out

14. That's what he said! :roll:

15. Flash to bang is impressive...3 Years he has been waiting for a reply, he has probably gone home :roll: