• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

KRH WEARING A GURKA BADGE?

jockster said:
Can anybody from KRH tell me why you wear a small set of Gurka blades on your mess dress?
6th gurkhas and 14/20th share battle honour from battle of Medecina in Italy 1945. 6GR mess dress had "sh*te" hawk on sleeve, think it transfered over to RGR

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
it's recipral thing KRH wears Khukris and 6GR (As where) wore double headed eagle on their sleeve.

Joint Battle honour as stated earlier.

jockster said:
It was on an attached(REME) Sgt, who still wears them now since being posted, which is why I find it strange
As an Approved Regimental Embelishment only within the KRH, it should be removed when he was posted.

REME get to wear many stange embelishments when attached to differant units, including Lanyards, Arm Badges, Berets and other examples like Coloured Pullovers for Senior Ranks!

Fang_Farrier said:
it's recipral thing KRH wears Khukris and 6GR (As where) wore double headed eagle on their sleeve.

Joint Battle honour as stated earlier.
the shitehawk has only one head-----------it is not a double headed eagle,if you confuse KRH,with QDG you´re likely to get terribly dissapointed! :x

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
[quote="midnight

the shitehawk has only one head-----------it is not a double headed eagle,if you confuse KRH,with QDG you´re likely to get terribly dissapointed! :x[/quote]

oops, apologises it's some years since I saw it!

as a former member of both the 14/20th kings hussars and KRH i,ll inform you of the correct reason we wore the ghurka cukries

the 6th gurkha rifles and A sqn 14/20th kh share the battle of medicine and all members of the KRH wear the cross cukries and all members of the 6th ghurka,s wear the Prussian Eagle

it has nothing to do with any REME bods or attachments

hope this has helped you out

pigginfree said:
as a former member of both the 14/20th kings hussars and KRH i,ll inform you of the correct reason we wore the ghurka cukries

the 6th gurkha rifles and A sqn 14/20th kh share the battle of medicine and all members of the KRH wear the cross cukries and all members of the 6th ghurka,s wear the Prussian Eagle

That's what he said! :roll:

smallbrownprivates said:
6th gurkhas and 14/20th share battle honour from battle of Medecina in Italy 1945. 6GR mess dress had "sh*te" hawk on sleeve, think it transfered over to RGR

pigginfree said:

Flash to bang is impressive...3 Years he has been waiting for a reply, he has probably gone home :roll:

Latest Threads