Krav Maga

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Bigdumps, Jul 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all!

Does anyone here do or know anything about Krav Maga?

I'm thinking to go on a course in Leeds and I habe heard some good things, admittedly all from people that don't do it...

Just wondering, how effective is it really? Also, if it is as effective as made out, wouldn't be too easy to seriously injure someone as opposed to incapacitating them?
  2. I've heard a lot of good things about it from folk that study it.

It's like a trimmed down version of jujutsu for today's applications.

If folk that haven't studied it tell you good things then that's a good sign. Best form of advertising is word of mouth after all.

Go for it. :D
  3. Israeli mate. Full on, bit of a mix of other arts, lot of open handed/disarming techniques. Like anything in this field, practice and dedication are the thing, but I know blokes that instruct in it and it certainly looks the part and has real "operational" potential. Go for it
  4. I am a Commando Krav Maga Instuctor if you want any info send me a PM
  5. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

I did it for 10 months, including a 4 day intensive urban program in Poland. I was a member with which is officially linked to the IKMF (International Krav Maga Federation), meaning it is 'official' and follows the teachings of Eyal Yanilov, one of the 2 protege's of Imi Sid’Or - the creator.

Its a very explosive form of martial arts, with less of the arty - farty crap and more hands on defence/attack moves you would need in a street fight. I had to stop as I have eczema, and my arms were getting ripped to shreds with all the grips and holds. I would recommend it for anyone looking to get into an 'offbeat' and less 'kata based' martial arts. The Poland trip I undertook involved fighting on inner city trams, in a restaurant, a derelict building and a pitch black public park. I found it to be a very effective discipline, and great for cardio vascular conditioning too.