Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by WhiteHorse, Nov 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok, given Opsec etc can anyone point me towards some current info on UK deployments into Kosovo at the moment and into 08? Armynet has bugger all as does the MoD sites. The KFOR site is way out of date and I can't find out whos there at the moment.

Cheers in advance.
  2. Maybe wrong but I thought all Brits were out the Balkans as of July/August this year, I know Bosnia is empty and thought the same for Kosovo as its now a joint venture.
  3. Thats what I thought, however tis not true.
  4. No theres still people in Kosovo, my ex just came back and another friend just headed out there.
  5. Probably not at the level you desire but you can check http://www.european-defence.co.uk/thebalkans_02.html. It doesn't look like there are any units but a significant number of individuals are deployed. I think that the UK is on the hook to provide the theatre reserve force for KFOR but can't find comfirmation of that.
  6. We still have a Coy+, NSE and a number of posts in KFOR and UNMIK
  7. If Hashim Thaci and his crew carry out their threat and declare UDI in Dec will we have to send more troops to Kosovo? Sadly, from the experience of 2004, there are not many troops in KFOR that would be any use if it all goes tits up. 8O

8. I'm an ignoramus concerning modern Kosovo, however haven't things settled down a fair bit?