Kosovo - Serbs just deserts?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ord_Sgt, Feb 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

With this evenings developments is it not a re-enforcement of the world view that the Serbs are a bunch of barbarians who can't be trusted with the welfare of other peoples but should be prevented from being responsible for anything more than a VW golf? It looks like 1993 all over again, when they showed their true colours.

2. Whilst the Albanians and the KLA are a bunch of fine upstanding citizens?

How would YOU feel if Islamists in Birmingham declared independence?

3. Don't you mean WHEN? :twisted:

4. Well Kosovo has set the precedent. Murder, kill, rape and ethnically cleanse and get rewarded for it by the EU.

5. Don't blame them for not being happy, they see the KLA get away with ethnical cleansing and the EU wasn't quick to do anything then. Then when the Kosovons realised they pushed their luck they get sympathy from the EU.

6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

While I can't really disagree with you, the Serbs are hardly a beacon of goodness in all this.

7. Doesn't alter the fact it's their country and that this time they are on the legal high ground. Two wrongs do not make a right.

8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

In this case it seems it does :)

9. when a country is split the way it is, it will never heal in our life time.

Looks like the tailor will be putting an elastic waist band in my combat trousers! :D

10. trouble is the Serbs aren't welcome in kosovo anymore and haven't been in charge for over 10 years.
    if there were enough islamo fuckwits in Birmingham and wanted to be separate

a0 let them get on with it no tax money or services and see how long they last :twisted:

b rush in slot anyone who can't run fast enough prefably avoiding the wild eyed al q wannabe suicide bombers and concentrating on primary schools and old people homes :cry:

milisovic started 3 or was it 4 wars all marked by his defeat and a complete absence of the rules of war.
    bit like the punchy drunk who eventually gets filled in people look at the past record and shrug :cry:

11. Unfortunately, the punchy drunk in this instance has a big, nails mate(Russia)who might just decide to join in, fists flying...

12. I personally think that the decision (to support Kosovo independence) by USA, UK et al has taken away a huge amount of credibility that they might have otherwise held with many of the countries of the world.

The message that is sent out by this decision is that (KLA) terrorist acts will achieve the desired result. The British Army lost many good people in N. Ireland because the UK Government 'would never give in to terrorism'.

Looks like that sentiment only applies if it's right on your doorstep, otherwise it's 'yeah, crack on!'

As a British subject I am truly embarrassed by this attitude of not just the UK but most of NATO. It was bang out of order when Belgrade was on the receiving end of the 78-day bombing campaign and its probably an even worse situation now.

Have been 'advised' to edit this (original) comment as it is upsetting people.

13. Least worst option .Cant really complain when what they go up to when they were in charge is common knowledge .Kla aren't much better.

Actually "What did you effing expect you murdering gits" would be satisfying to tell some serbs but it would be a bit hypocritcial shouting that while trying to stop some heroic kla fighters burning out a serb pensioner .
    Its more complicated than serb bad albanian good .

14. Yeah, I say we boot em out now!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

15. Are you Serb Orthodox then? This sort of gibberish is the reason the entire area went down the tubes after Tito snuffed it.. I agree that the 78 day bombing campaign was wrong - we should have done it much earlier and sent many more troops to the area to slap stupidty like this down - hard.