Kosovo for Christmas

[/quote]

Don't worry mate. It appears that there exists anti-weapon with secret formula of course. Only for you it is - C2H5OH. Though for some Britons (not trained enough) it is a deadly poison even more lethal than Polonium 210.[/quote]

Not to worry boys we have a few jock battalions we have out of a sense of duty been bravely exposing themselves to this wicked stuff for years. As a result can survive massive exposure with limited side-effects :p

diplomat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Put me down for 26 Dec - 02 jan. be nice to meet up with RM for a few beers, and there's a nice french lawyer in KFOR it would be nice to see again.

Pristina or Mitrovica for me please.

rickshaw-major said:
Can you confirm that if I was (ahem!) locked in during the punch-up that my Overtime would still be paid?
Glasgow pay office for that one I'm afraid.

rickshaw-major said:
Oh I think via Beograd. Couple of beers in Slicon Valley and then off to the Deutsch Battalion as Verbindungsoffizier der Britishcher Streitkraeften.
diplomat said:
Put me down for 26 Dec - 02 jan. be nice to meet up with RM for a few beers, and there's a nice french lawyer in KFOR it would be nice to see again.

Pristina or Mitrovica for me please.
Right then. Seems like a handover in Kandahar over a Becks then. I'll head on south once you've briefed me.

Anybody fancy taking over on the 8th when I return to Bgd?

You know, we ought to be a little more careful what we say, the Serbs are getting a bit of stick for setting up their Tsar Lazar's Guard, and here's us Brits trying to put togethr a battalion of old knackers!

What do we call ourselves: 1st Battalion, the ARRSE Volunteers?

a) I'm bored in Camp

b) I could do with cash

c) I'm too new to have been there 5 times before so could also do with the gong!

See you there!

What kind of ARRSE spirit is that? The, "beaten by wife one too many times", kind?!!

STAND UP MAN!!! Get a haircut. Next you'll know about fcukin Plan is when the wagon turns up for you!!!

:D

From today's Telegraph

By Harry de Quetteville Last Updated: 3:01am GMT 08/12/2007

British troops have been put on high alert to intervene in a possible war in Kosovo, Nato has announced.
Military leaders fear renewed fighting in the breakaway Serbian province, where final negotiations for a peace deal have broken down.

This is in Europe’s backyard and European nations need to show real leadership,” said David Miliband, the Foreign Secretary.
He warned of a repeat of the wars that cost hundreds of thousands of lives. “We know from the mid-1990s the cost of Europe wringing its hands and failing to provide leadership.”
Nato holds three battalions, each of some 800 soldiers, in reserve to its main peacekeeping force of about 16,000 troops in Kosovo. Of those, a German battalion has already been sent to the province.
An Italian battalion and 800 British servicemen and women have been put on heightened alert for deployment to the region in case of an outbreak of ethnic violence in the coming weeks. They would be able to deploy within a week of commanders on the ground requesting assistance.

The escalation in tension in the Balkans comes ahead of Monday’s official deadline for a report on talks between Serbia, which refuses to give up Kosovo, and ethnic Albanians, who demand independence.
Yesterday, Ban Ki-moon, the United Nations secretary-general, received a report from negotiators from the United States, the European Union and Russia confirming their failure to break the deadlock.
Kosovo’s approximately two million ethnic Albanians have said that if negotiations fail, they will declare independence unilaterally in a move that Serbian leaders in the capital Belgrade have promised to resist “by all means possible”.
Eight years ago Nato warplanes led a 78-day campaign of air strikes in Kosovo to drive out Serb forces, sent to repress the Albanian majority.
Since then repeated talks have failed to deliver a settlement to Kosovo’s status. Meeting in Brussels yesterday, Nato foreign ministers said “Nato will respond resolutely to any attempts to disrupt the safety and security of any of the people of Kosovo”.
Officials made it clear that Kosovo’s fate is about much more than the status of a small patch of land in the Balkans. They implied it had become a pawn in a greater dispute between the US, which openly backs independence for Kosovo, and Russia, which fully supports Serbian opposition to the move.
“This partnership has entered a challenging phase,” Nato foreign ministers said in a statement after the meeting.
“We value and want to continue our constructive and frank dialogue with Russia, including on issues on which we disagree.”
Russia wants more talks to resolve Kosovo’s status. But diplomats in Brussels said Britain, France, Germany and Italy, had sent other nations in the EU a letter insisting “further status negotiations would offer no prospect of reaching an agreement”.
Russia said that any solution imposed without the agreement of the United Nation, where it holds a veto, would put Europe “on a very slippery downward slope”.
“It certainly won’t help the stability of Europe,” said Sergei Lavrov, the Russian foreign minister.

So who are the 800 ? Could it really be the 1st Arrse Volunteers ? :?

Recruiting_Office_reject said:
800 British servicemen and women have been put on heightened alert for deployment to the region
[snip]
So who are the 800 ? Could it really be the 1st Arrse Volunteers ? :?
As discussed in another thread over a week ago, it's the SLE. Which, of course, is the obvious answer.

Latest Threads