Kosovo for Christmas

Bad_Crow said:
COme on lads lets do a whip round.

I'll do 8th - 10th. My dad got out in the 80's but he's happy to come back as long as he gets to fire a GPMG so i've put him down 10th - 12th. I know a lad who's been discharged because he's lost the use of his foot but he said that he can stag on easily enough so he can do 12th - 14th.

Who can get 14th - 20th covered?
I'll have some of that. 14th -20th sounds good to me :)

Bad_Crow said:
COme on lads lets do a whip round.

I'll do 8th - 10th. My dad got out in the 80's but he's happy to come back as long as he gets to fire a GPMG so i've put him down 10th - 12th. I know a lad who's been discharged because he's lost the use of his foot but he said that he can stag on easily enough so he can do 12th - 14th.

Who can get 14th - 20th covered?
I've solved the problem - remember the MPGS only work four days on, and four days off...

Jesus, I hope no one from MCM Div is reading this, they might take it seriously.

CharlieBubbles said:
So, more over streatch......... Merry Christmas and NO leave today.
What are all the other NATO / UN troops who have bottled from deploying to Iraq and Afghanistan doing right now?

OR send the Russians in after they have just had those fair and free elections in Greater Russia..... NOT!

Again who is winding all this up, could it be Mr Bin Laden and his pals, to devide and conquer those fighting elsewhere?

PBI yet again!!
my bold.

They are in Kosovo! There are a number of contributors to KFOR who use it as an excuse for not deploying in other areas. Believe it or not but KFOR includes Mongolian and Argintinian troops.

The big question of course is just how useful some of these KFOR troops would be if it all goes pear-shaped. When it last went through some unpleasantness in 2004 KFOR was found very wanting with troops keeping well inside their camps. This included the French who kept hulled-down inside Camp Belvedere while the village below was torched. Will history repeat itself?

hey get me out of assembling toys and talking to the mother in law
admittedly I have very little military value or any other value for that matter :twisted:
but I can stag on and look vaguely alert or just vague :oops:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Kitmarlowe said:
in the same spirit I can probably get time off to do the 17th-21st :D

( but only if they let me grow my hair a bit longer and give a salute that ends about a foot away from my right ear....)

Can I bring the SLR and will a Zimmer frame fit in the back of these newfangled ...er......'Bullpups' ?

Don Cabra

VOICE OF AMERICA
NATO Ministers Prepare to Discuss Afghanistan, Kosovo
By Lisa Bryant
Paris
06 December 2007

The NATO meeting is planned just three days before a December 10 deadline set by the United Nations to come up with some kind of resolution on Kosovo. That is unlikely to happen since talks between Kosovo and Serbian politicians have collapsed - and Kosovo's Albanian majority wants to declare independence from Serbia.

Defense expert Thomas Valasek says the key question for NATO is not whether it will maintain its 1,600-man peacekeeping force in Kosovo after December 10, but just what role it will play.

"By now, the NATO allies should have run through all the possible scenarios of what could happen in Kosovo on the assumption there will be a unilateral declaration of independence. And NATO should be fully preparing along with the European Union and United Nations for all the possible scenarios," he said.

Valasek, an analyst at the London-based Center for European Reform, says those scenarios include how to deal with violence and refugees following a likely independence declaration by Kosovo. But he says NATO is not getting clear instructions about what its role should be from member nations.

NATO's International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) soldiers hold their countries' flags during transfer of authority ceremony in Kabul, 6 Dec 2007
Afghanistan is another stumbling block. The United States has asked NATO members to beef up their commitment in there - with little response, Valasek notes.

"It is an incredibly frustrating process for the NATO secretary general. It is an incredibly corrosive process for the cohesion within the alliance," he said. "There are a number of allies - the Dutch, the Canadians, the Brits - who rightly feel they are not being given enough solidarity."

The Brussels talks will also mark the first time the foreign ministers meet with their counterpart Sergei Lavrov of non-NATO member Russia, since Moscow suspended its participation in the Conventional Forces in Europe treaty that deals with arms deployment in the region.

I`ve 2 weeks of over christmas , so put me down to help out.
Will I need to bring the toy guns I was going to get for the kids?

Goatman said:
Kitmarlowe said:

( but only if they let me grow my hair a bit longer and give a salute that ends about a foot away from my right ear....)

Can I bring the SLR and will a Zimmer frame fit in the back of these newfangled ...er......'Bullpups' ?

Don Cabra
My bold: Look, they're not going to promote you to Brigadier straight away.

In the spirit of, I can do next Thursday.

smartascarrots said:
Goatman said:
Kitmarlowe said:

Don Cabra
My bold: Look, they're not going to promote you to Brigadier straight away.

In the spirit of, I can do next Thursday.
Oh OK book me in for Xmas, Boxing Day and 1/2 Jan 08. Being happily divorced and kids all grown up:

a. I don't mind.

b. I'll drive there (what is ODR these days?)

c. I could do with the double time :D

my old air cadet squadron has nearly 100 cadets, reform transport command, give them a fleet of KC135 tankers, a load of Hercs, the ground huggers some Riffles and Surface to air missiles for base defence and we'd take on the best the bulkans could through at us

Good Sq that

Duncan

rickshaw-major said:
Oh OK book me in for Xmas, Boxing Day and 1/2 Jan 08. Being happily divorced and kids all grown up:

a. I don't mind.

Sorry, can't make 24-30 Dec as Xmas hols fall in January here. Can do a handover on the 2nd of Jan if you want. Will you be passing through Bgd on the way home or going over Pester and Novi Pazar? Chance to slot a couple of Islamists on the ingress and egress if you opt for the latter. :)

Now, what AO are you thinking of reinforcing? As I understand it, the 2 Greek mech btns that are designated as KFOR reserve have already warned that their govt has pulled the red card as they are against Kosovo independence period. The NATO ORB (German) has already deployed to theatre (last month) and is already digging-in in the Northern AO. However, their govt has habit of confining tps to bks when shooting starts.

So, where do you fancy, Lipljan or Mitrovica?

I'm working Xmas day, and boxing day - but I'm off for five days after that. My boss would probably let me go a few hours early, if it would help out.

So I'll do 27 Dec - 2nd Jan. Although I'm a bit miffed that I'll not get LOA or LSSA - but t'is only a few days.

Ok, I'll phone Glasgow and let them know I'm willing to help out for a few days.

Maybe we should also send Mike Golden an email, and let him know his time for glory has finally come.

whitecity said:
rickshaw-major said:

a. I don't mind.

Sorry, can't make 24-30 Dec as Xmas hols fall in January here. Can do a handover on the 2nd of Jan if you want. Will you be passing through Bgd on the way home or going over Pester and Novi Pazar? Chance to slot a couple of Islamists on the ingress and egress if you opt for the latter. :)

Now, what AO are you thinking of reinforcing? As I understand it, the 2 Greek mech btns that are designated as KFOR reserve have already warned that their govt has pulled the red card as they are against Kosovo independence period. The NATO ORB (German) has already deployed to theatre (last month) and is already digging-in in the Northern AO. However, their govt has habit of confining tps to bks when shooting starts.

So, where do you fancy, Lipljan or Mitrovica?
Oh I think via Beograd. Couple of beers in Slicon Valley and then off to the Deutsch Battalion as Verbindungsoffizier der Britishcher Streitkraeften. Can you confirm that if I was (ahem!) locked in during the punch-up that my Overtime would still be paid?

Sorry - none of the options you present strike me as being vaguely interesting (translation - too interesting in the Chinese fashion!)

Well i'm booked off right thru 17th-9th, and I was going for artic survival in the alps, but I suppose i'll have to change it now. Last one to Pristina is buying btw...