Kosovo for Christmas

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by oldbaldy, Nov 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

http://www.modoracle.com/news/detail.html?id=14669

Just where are these British troops coming from?

2. Hmm, I wondered when a statement of some sort would come out. A lot of the locals in Bosnia and not just Kosovo are also worried of another conflict, nurses in my other half's Hospital have actually been storing the essentials like sugar, flour etc.! it's sometimes difficult to explain to them that there is a difference now than there was back then, there isn't just one Army this time that could surround all the major City's/airports etc. under the pretence it is carrying out a national exercise and NATO would hardly let it run out of hand again, they need this stepping stone strategically!

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Albanian refugees? Kosovan returnees? There's no British troops spare I'm afraid, they've been used up, spat out, and most of them are leaving at the first available opportunity, or are still fighting two other wars. Sorry, me old Serbian/Kosovan.Russian muckers, no can do! :oops:

4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

This is a standard SLE role. Guys on that will already be briefed up as part as the standard OPTAG stuff they get.

One BG only. Who is on that task right now?

5. Bury st Edmunds and Thetford combined cadet forces

6. The Cadets are going to get an extra special Xmas present from Uncle Gordon! :twisted:

"Mum, Dad - guess where I'm going for my Camp this year!" 8O

7. Better not send the Cadets, the Albanians will only kidnap them for sexual slavery. After all, they must be running short of their own by now.

8. my old cadet unit let loose over seas with live ammo would be heading for Moscow killing and burning everything in its way :twisted:
    had my big book of the Vietnam war confiscated after we tried out some of the field interrogation techniques on the local glue sniffers.
    apparently torture is'nt in the cadet syallbus :roll:

9. Now is the time for the Legion of Frontiersmen to come to the aid of the Govt in it's time of crisis and earn some more medals.

10. Likely Davie-boy has smoked something that he used to smoke in Eton.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/11/29/ncameron129.xml

Really? Britain's national security? Bad, bad boy Vlad, how he dares to upset the former drug addict. These blokes are unpredictable and sometimes even believe in what they say.

I see. So evil Serbs (with the help of the Russians of course) would try to reunite their country and after establishment of full control over Kosovo they would create al-Qaeda cells.

11. SLE=RGR, for one. (Not the chaps in Afghan, I hasten to add)

The troops are there for use in the SLE role, but it'll be just another stretch for the forces in general - we really are using the forces to their maximum right now.

12. Got it in one Sergey; why else would the West be developing a biochemical weapon that only kills people with Russian DNA 8O

13. PMSL! :D Ah, the Good Old Days... 8)

14. Don't worry mate. It appears that there exists anti-weapon with secret formula of course. Only for you it is - C2H5OH. Though for some Britons (not trained enough) it is a deadly poison even more lethal than Polonium 210.

15. Already been done:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]