KOSB Supporters mount legal challenge

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr_Fingerz, Feb 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

The BBC has just announced (well I've only just seen it) that Supporters of the KOSB are mounting a legal challenge to their integration under FAS.

The basis of their case is that the Regiment was raised following an Act of Parliament, and as that Act has not been repealed, TCH cannot legally disband them (or integrate them with another regiment).
  2. Good luck to them, but this Government aren't shy about changing laws to get thier own way.
  3. That'll be more money hurled futilely into the pockets of the legal profession then.
  4. It's in the Sheriff Court, cp. Those involved have presumably decided it is as good a way as any of spending money to generate further publicity and support for their cause. Also could (technically) hold up work on the amalgamation until after the General Election.

Just as all ARRSE donations for the past 12 months are apparently going to be used to fund the ARRSE Judicial Review challenge to the forthcoming General Election process, on the grounds that the Government has failed to make adequate and promised arrangements for the armed services community to register before the registration deadline.

Joking. (?)
  5. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Arrange the following words into a meaningful sentence:

6. I'm inclined to agree with Chimera. I know this has been discussed virtually ad nauseam here but I'm in general agreement with the underlying concepts of the FAS, although I'm not in favour of cutting infantry numbers for the time being. Outside the KOSB and the Royal Scots, I don't see anyone dying on the barricades for this.
  7. I wonder how long it will take B-Liar to roll out the parliament act again if things become sticky?
  8. Well i say good luck to them. Someone has to sock it to the govt that people are pissed off with how they mistreat HMforces. Make it as long and as painful for them as possible, hell drag it out to the election time if you can, then see how labout will suddenly change their minds when the public round on them for being complete knobbers!!

Im not partisan, honestly!! :twisted:
  9. Good on 'em, if just to p1ss labour off, and make them have to deal with things other than the impending election.

But I'm sorry to say, i don't think it'll do anything. They'll be assimilated just like most of the other regiments.

Even the 22nd (Cheshire) Regiment of Foot are merging and they haven't merged since formation!!! Like another 6(?) regiments.

Let's face it, we'll be merging with the RN and RAF next!!!