KOSB jock court martial dropped

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by eustonscot, Jan 7, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. KOSB Pte Alexander Johnston, who was to face court martial for the unlawful wounding of a 13 year-old Iraqi boy in Az-Zubayr last September, has been told the charges have been dropped. My understanding is that he still faces charges in connection with an alleged ND.
     
  2. He was told on Wednesday that "new evidence" had been collected which supported his claims, and the unlawful wounding part of the charge has been dropped. The ND charge still stands.
     
  3. Presumably the "negligent handling of a weapon" was an alternative charge, ie both charges resulted from the same incident.
     
  4. Euston Scot
    Ant idea what 'new evidence' is and why it is 'new' at this late stage?
     
  5. The soldier on the ground risking HIS neck for the policies of the Government deserves the benifit of any doubt.
    john
     
  6. tell that to the cps :roll: