Korea : Will it kick off ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by velcrostripes, Dec 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Official: North Korea targets South Korea in propaganda drive - CNN.com

I'm sure the South are quaking in their boots. In all seriousness it looks like Uncle China has had a little word with the North and they are publicaly saying things like they wont fire the first shot etc. It could still all kick off if someone makes a major mistake localy....but as to the north actualy going for it? Not likely. The South just might one day though...
  2. Does anyone think it's to do with the Dear Leader being ronerey and brue ?
  3. I don't think I'd like to be based out there ATM:

BBC News - North Korea 'ready for sacred war' with the South

What gets me is that China, Russia, the US and world + dog knows that South Korea has absolutely no desire to either go to war or unify with the north, so if it does kick off, what stance will they take, especially as they know the north will start it all?
  4. Given the Commie obsession with dates and surprise attacks , I'd call an Active Edge or equivalent at 23.00 on Dec31
  5. From the same bbc article, titled 'North Korea 'ready for sacred war' with the South' :

Wonder if they will say 'told you so'?

As you said, wouldn't like to be anywhere near there at the mo, not been a good poker player myself.
  6. Yes it will, the tin hat voice in me says when China and the US have thrashed out who will supply arms to whom.