Kool Kats - the coolest characters seen on screen

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
old-mother-riley-headmistress.jpg

Simply the best!

A couple that may have been done before - and characters not actors.

The first one - Columbo. No matter how clever, posh or rich the murderer you know that this scruffy little detective will ruin their lives with that ‘...Oh and just one more thing.”

It doesn’t get much cooler than that.

Jean-Luc Picard. A great character and very well played - I have mentioned it before on another thread but he made ordering an Earl Grey from the replicator sound nearly as suave as Bond ordering a Vespa.

However the actors playing them - I heard Peter Falk in a R2 interview and he came across as a lovely guy. Same with Patrick Stewart when I have seen him interviewed. Not sure if they are Kool Cats, but you would probably have a laugh with them over a few pints (okay, via a seance for Peter alas).

NSP

LE
René Mathis (Giancarlo Giannini) in the first two Craig Bond movies.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
He's quite cool in a "play the same character whatever the role" way in Ghostrider, too.
He is excellent in 'Roadhouse' and even better in 'The Quick and the Dead' ( not the Gene Hackman/Russel Crowe one.

Just in case. A rank outsider.

Screenshot_20210928-184501_Chrome.jpg

Yokel

LE
The legendary British actor, born Maurice Micklewhite, has legally changed his name to the showbiz moniker he adopted in 1954 because of the rise in airport security checks prompted by Islamic State.

“An airport security guard would say, ‘Hi, Michael Caine,’ and suddenly I’d give him a passport with a different name on it,” Caine said. “I could stand there for an hour. So I changed my name.”

I bet that not a lot of people know that.

I used to work with a guy who’d idolised Jason King in the seventies, copied the look and had the tache. He told me how crestfallen he was when he learned that his hero drank from the hot tap.
Looking at that photograph who knew he was a wrong un...;-)

NSP

LE
Wes Studi in just about everything he's been in - especially when playing Native Americans in period pieces.

Wes Studi in just about everything he's been in - especially when playing Native Americans in period pieces.
Windlifter....

No I mean it.

Casals in Heat as well (but its not so noticable as even the ********* are cool in Heat).