Kool Kats - the coolest characters seen on screen

C5F87158-DC0B-42AA-A723-7C1F68D5AE63.jpeg

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Just had a flash of Where Eagles Dare.

Alzo, Herr Burton, ve sink you are ein verdammter Britischer agent. Vot haff you gott to say to das?

Yeah, but well, like, call Kesselring in Italy. He'll tell you I'm a Cherman double agent on his staff. Phone him. Now.

Iss ze Mittel off ze Nacht. Ve kan't kall Kesselring um zis Stunde!

Do it, ja!

Ja. Hier Kesselring. Was zum Teufel in der Nachtnitte?

Herr General, Entschuldigung Ihre Schlaf zu disturben, ve haff hier ein Herrn Burton, sagt er ist mit Ihre Stab?

Burton! Mein alter Mucker! Du alter Hund der Spion/ Doppelspion/ Trippelspion/ wassoimmer.

Just had a flash of Where Eagles Dare.

Alzo, Herr Burton, ve sink you are ein verdammter Britischer agent. Vot haff you gott to say to das?

Yeah, but well, like, call Kesselring in Italy. He'll tell you I'm a Cherman double agent on his staff. Phone him. Now.

Iss ze Mittel off ze Nacht. Ve kan't kall Kesselring um zis Stunde!

Do it, ja!

Ja. Hier Kesselring. Was zum Teufel in der Nachtnitte?

Herr General, Entschuldigung Ihre Schlaf zu disturben, ve haff hier ein Herrn Burton, sagt er ist mit Ihre Stab?

Burton! Mein alter Mucker! Du alter Hund der Spion/ Doppelspion/ Trippelspion/ wassoimmer.
Paging Bugsy!

D

Deleted 15653

Jason King - Peter Wyngard was actually gay and known as Petunia Winegum in the industry (who cared little about these things)

4841D3C200000578-0-image-m-3_1516265173580.jpg
images.jpeg

Jason King - Peter Wyngard was actually gay and known as Petunia Winegum in the industry (who cared little about these things)

View attachment 606794View attachment 606795
A cool and stylish chap whose entire life is somewhat mysterious, mainly due to his own evasiveness.
Sometime married and a father, it seems his career demise was due to his cottaging and penchant for casual gay sex.
In the 1970s, of course this was not a good thing.
I can’t help but admire the man for his devil-may-care attitude

Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke.

Paul Newman as John Russell in Hombre.

Yokel

LE
A cool and stylish chap whose entire life is somewhat mysterious, mainly due to his own evasiveness.
Sometime married and a father, it seems his career demise was due to his cottaging and penchant for casual gay sex.
In the 1970s, of course this was not a good thing.
I can’t help but admire the man for his devil-may-care attitude

There is ARRSER who uses his picture as an Avatar. He likes to wibble on about conspiracies.

Chef

LE

View attachment 606794View attachment 606795
Some girl magazine held a poll and readers voted him the man they'd most like to take their virginity.

Plus he arranged for Ornella Muti to be lightly tortured in Flash Gordon.

Not bad for a man born with the name Cyril Goldbert.

Technically IIRC he is Sir Maurice Micklewhite as he asked to be knighted in his own name in honour of his father
The legendary British actor, born Maurice Micklewhite, has legally changed his name to the showbiz moniker he adopted in 1954 because of the rise in airport security checks prompted by Islamic State.

“An airport security guard would say, ‘Hi, Michael Caine,’ and suddenly I’d give him a passport with a different name on it,” Caine said. “I could stand there for an hour. So I changed my name.”

syrup

LE
The legendary British actor, born Maurice Micklewhite, has legally changed his name to the showbiz moniker he adopted in 1954 because of the rise in airport security checks prompted by Islamic State.

“An airport security guard would say, ‘Hi, Michael Caine,’ and suddenly I’d give him a passport with a different name on it,” Caine said. “I could stand there for an hour. So I changed my name.”

Bit of both worlds at one point

He was knighted under his real name, not his stage name, so officially he is now Sir Maurice Joseph Micklewhite. A royal official said he could, however, call himself Sir Michael if he wanted to.

Chef

LE
Bit of both worlds at one point

He was knighted under his real name, not his stage name, so officially he is now Sir Maurice Joseph Micklewhite. A royal official said he could, however, call himself Sir Michael if he wanted to.
He got the Caine part of his name from 'The Caine Mutiny' which was on in Leicester Square when he was casting about for a stage name.

Lots of people know that.

He got the Caine part of his name from 'The Caine Mutiny' which was on in Leicester Square when he was casting about for a stage name.

Lots of people know that.

I didn't...

... but I do now...

We had interdepartmental hockey at Worthy Down. Our opponents included a number of the WRAC hockey team. I volunteered for goalkeeper cos I got helmet, mask, flak jacket, box, pads, etc. I was better protected than your average Felix.

Rest of the team ran away from contact.

Latest Threads