Kool Kats - the coolest characters seen on screen

Clive Owen as The Professor in The Bourne Identity. For me he stole the show with a couple of texts and a furrowed brow.
17C407C2-FAE8-4B8E-95B7-D0D9CFABFEAF.jpeg

ches

LE
Apparently the cast of Game of Thrones series one spoke with Northern accents because Bean refused to speak anything but his ‘Sheffield dialect’. All the other actors were largely unknowns so had to adapt!

If you read the GoT books & listen to Martins crafting of the characters & their backgrounds the use of northern actors was exactly what was planned. Mark Addy was perfectly cast as the King to Neds role as they were childhood friends hence the ultimate 'reveal'. Martin used the Wars of the Roses as his inspiration for the political back biting & skulduggery of the books. This pushed into his characterisation of the various Houses in Westeros.

If you read the GoT books & listen to Martins crafting of the characters & their backgrounds the use of northern actors was exactly what was planned. Mark Addy was perfectly cast as the King to Neds role as they were childhood friends hence the ultimate 'reveal'. Martin used the Wars of the Roses as his inspiration for the political back biting & skulduggery of the books. This pushed into his characterisation of the various Houses in Westeros.
For all of you GOT fans out there:

James Bond - various actors and films.

John Preston - MI5 Officer played by Michael Caine in The Fourth Protocol.

Any of the Swordfish crews in Sink The Bismarck.

Any of the pilots from Battle Of Britain.

Any of the main characters from The Right Stuff.

Happy Gilmore in the film of the same name.

This guy with the big hat:

... bit late to the crucifixion, I know, but “the buck-toothed bucketmouth in the big hat” was perhaps more accurate ... d’ya reckon he got any other “acting” jobs after that lot?

Yokel

LE
... bit late to the crucifixion, I know, but “the buck-toothed bucketmouth in the big hat” was perhaps more accurate ... d’ya reckon he got any other “acting” jobs after that lot?

I have no idea what other roles he did in the USMC, but I believe he became a member of the House of Representatives. Does politics count as acting?

If you look at the YouTube comments it appears that some of his trainees referred to him as 'the Antichrist'. There is also a seventies version of that video with another USMC Gunnery Sergeant.

Naw, grips my shit...******* shield maidens my arrse....war in those days was brute strength and savagery ( don't suppose much has changed) not many Doris's would have been able, the Vikings who colonised the Faroes didn't even take any, they picked up some slappers from Sunderland and Aberdeen on the way.
Perhaps a topic for another thread, but of that's the case why have they found burials is women with weapons? There's also a fair few Amazon style graves showing Scythian women with weapons and let's not forget Boudicca was happy to have a scrap. Imho women did fight, although perhaps not as often as men.

I have no idea what other roles he did in the USMC, but I believe he became a member of the House of Representatives. Does politics count as acting?

If you look at the YouTube comments it appears that some of his trainees referred to him as 'the Antichrist'. There is also a seventies version of that video with another USMC Gunnery Sergeant.
I never understood the passion with which some/lots/most of those in such appointments embraced their duties ... I suppose they have to be seen to be “the hardest“ in order that their authority is not challenged.

Perhaps a topic for another thread, but of that's the case why have they found burials is women with weapons? There's also a fair few Amazon style graves showing Scythian women with weapons and let's not forget Boudicca was happy to have a scrap. Imho women did fight, although perhaps not as often as men.
I didn't say that they didn't, just not many.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Peter Griffin

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
What do you mean did? Last time I went down The Old Kent Road it was like a woman’s tag wrestling contest only worse.

Latest Threads