Kool Kats - the coolest characters seen on screen

DSJ

LE
“This is an officer’s bar!”

“It’s all-right - we’re not particular”.

I haven't seen that show, is she supposed to be a KGB long-term illegal or something?
Yes. Was on UK terrestrial telly a few years ago but all over the schedules as summer filler so never caught on. Now on Amazon Prime. Very good series, especially if like me you were around in the early 80s.

NSP

LE
Is he an ass, must be why he keeps getting killed off?
Just got to the 2nd season. The wife hates Wilford, I think he's ace.
It's quite nice the way that through Season 1 Wilford is portrayed as the saviour of all and is revered, nay - worshipped by all. Now Season 2 is here and the passengers have met him and found out that he's actually a self-serving, self-interested cunt the disillusionment and disappointment is palpable.

bourne-grren.jpg

Because we're ere lad....

syrup

LE
Good shout mate....

Great actor and cool as f*ck.

For me, this is one of his best scenes, from "Wolf of Wall Street". In interviews, DiCaprio said that McConaughey just made up half of this on the spot...

Martin Scorsese said that's why DiCaprio keeps looking round he didn't have a clue what was going on
They were giving him hand signals just to go with it and see how it ends up.

syrup

LE
Interesting to see what @Werewolf said about Shaw drinking, I thought he "acted" drunk very well.

Arguably very cool in the Battle of Britain.
"Come on boy get in" to Ian McShane

Regards him being drunk when they were filming the boat scene he turned up so pissed he couldn't stand.
Filming was postponed as he went for a lie down
A few hours later he turned up apologised to the crew and nailed the Indianapolis speech in one take.

The speech wasn't in the original script.
One of the crew had been on the Indianapolis and told them what happened while on the piss and they put it in the film.

Last edited:
Same here, met him when on a weekend at a mate's house during training. Mate's uncle took us to this pub not far from Epsom, Ollie sitting there slinging a few down range, mate's uncle happens to mention to him that we were both in training, invites us over for a drink (well, tbh, the rest of the afternoon, lock in included), got chatting and his last words as we fell out of the pub was "shame you couldn't have joined a proper Corps".
Bloody legend, you know when you can pretty much out gun anyone and my mate ex matelot was not a mile off but in comparison we were so abysmal in comparison. He was sat there like he had just come out on pint number one and we were shitfaced and about 90 quid down, happy days mind.

riksavage

Old-Salt
The man of a thousand voices. All of them from Rotherham & Sheffield.
Apparently the cast of Game of Thrones series one spoke with Northern accents because Bean refused to speak anything but his ‘Sheffield dialect’. All the other actors were largely unknowns so had to adapt!

"A meeting or nothing! I insist on Moscow Rules!"

From "Smiley's People", but appropriate to the Lord of Tradecraft here.

Apparently the cast of Game of Thrones series one spoke with Northern accents because Bean refused to speak anything but his ‘Sheffield dialect’. All the other actors were largely unknowns so had to adapt!

I’ve no idea how he gets work.
There are so many talented actors about.
If you cut Bean, he doesn’t bleed. Sap oozes out.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ronald Lee Ermy aka Gunnery Sergeant Hartman.

1613561232444.png

Latest Threads