Kommando Spezialkrafte - There goes the Schnelle

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by In-Limbo, Oct 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I guess they always say that they were there !!
  2. Here's a much older article showing the KSK being heli dropped and rushing in to light the barbie.

The Germans Politicans expressed mild surprise at the news at the KSK bbq missions, owing to the fact that they were under express orders from Berlin to do absolutely fcuk all.
  3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Well they got their medals no doubt, so I'm sure they couldn't care less, but it does make a tremendous mockery of being deployed in the first place.
  4. Home in time for tea and before lights out I hope.
  5. The Krauts jacking it in even before the French-has the world gone mad?
  6. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Ha, reminds me of that old rant, "You know the world's gone mad when..."

You know the world's gone mad when:

The best rapper is white.
    The best golfer is black.
    The tallest basketballer is Chinese.
    The Germans won't go to war.
    The French are calling the Americans arrogant.

I'm sure there's a LOT more to it, but I can never remember the rest!
  7. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

8. Hold on, fellas, let's not be too hasty in roundly condemning the Boxheeds for staying in the background. It's not their fault. The German Constitution (Grundgesetz) expressly forbids their forces taking part in combat operations in foreign countries. Even their Afghanistan "Einsatz" has to be periodically reviewed and confirmed by a majority in the German parliament.

There's also the point that they still have conscripts who they can't send in harm's way, but if you go on Boxheed military sites, you'll see that the career lads themselves would like nothing better than to get down in the mix, rather than just presenting a target for Terry. They feel like a load of floppy fannies having to stick to "humanitarian" aspects of their mission. I've done a scheme or two with the Boxheeds (as have others, obviously) and I always found them to be extremely useful squaddies.

There's talk of making an amendment to the Constitution so that they don't have to wait until they're fired upon before they retaliate. We'll have to see how that goes, but if they get the nod, I'm sure they'll make a very positive contribution. I mean, look at what they achieved in WWII.

So how about cutting them some slack, eh?

9. The content of the article also does not match this post I made yesterday in another thread. A simple badge on a uniform can say a lot...

The americans are now awarding the Combat Infantryman Badge (CIB) to foreigners. I recently saw a German officier wearing a CIB on his combats and he had received it for actions in Afghanistan.

The CIB is an award, not just another badge.

The CIB

And I mean CIB, not EIB (expert infantryman badge) since the two badges look similar, the CIB having a wreath which the EIB does not have.

Specific eligibility requirements for the CIB

(1) The Combat Infantryman Badge was originally authorized in 1943 for "infantrymen, including officers". By May 1944 the eligibility became more exact: officers and enlisted men of infantry regiments and lower infantry units. AR 600-70 (24 Sep 1951) included men of ranger infantry companies and also officers who, although not of the infantry branch, commanded an infantry unit of regimental or smaller size for at least 30 days. Change 19 of AR 672-5-1, dated 20 Jun 1969, further clarified officer eligibility -- he must be in the grade of colonel or below. Change 19 also defined eligible categories of Vietnam service.

(2) A recipient must be personally present and under hostile fire while serving in an assigned infantry or special forces primary duty, in a unit actively engaged in ground combat with the enemy. The unit in question can be of any size smaller than brigade. For example, personnel possessing an infantry MOS in a rifle squad of a cavalry platoon in a cavalry troop would be eligible for award of the CIB. Battle or campaign participation credit alone is not sufficient; the unit must have been in active ground combat with the enemy during the period.

(3) Personnel with other than an infantry or special forces MOS are not eligible, regardless of the circumstances. The infantry or special forces SSI or MOS does not necessarily have to be the soldier's primary specialty, as long as the soldier has been properly trained in infantry or special forces tactics, possesses the appropriate skill code, and is serving in that specialty when engaged in active ground combat as described above. Commanders are not authorized to make any exceptions to this policy.

(4) Awards will not be made to general officers nor to members of headquarters companies of units larger in size than brigade.

If the german SOF had been seating on their butts for three years, the Americans would not have given them CIBs; the Americans dish out awards like the US Army achievement medal or the US Army commendation medal, but CIBs are something else and I can't see CIBs being awarded for doing nothing.
  10. It is with fond reguard for the Krauts that a measure of slackage has been granted here; simply a pity that slack wasn't cut in Berlin.

A Zero Mission Count in three years deployment for Germanys Elite Forces... that's got to be a fcuking record though, surely! Deserving the creation of a new order of merit in itself.
  11. A deliberate policy by the bunch of former ‘68 Reds who now run Berlin wanting the German Forces to be humiliated, embarrassed and ideally disbanded, Bader Meinhof redux.

A shocking waste of a key part of the armoury of democracy by slags who despite their internationalist rhetoric don’t give a fcuk about the suffering of the Afghans.

The sooner the Talibs rock up to Berlin and sort those faggot kraut lefties out the better
  12. Everywheres bl00dy run by left over 60s hippies these days, when will they hurry up and start dying off?
  13. Eloquently put, and i'm inclined to agree.
  14. I assume that's a wah, AJ! If it's not, you should seriously consider getting professional help, mucker.