Koizumi apologizes for Japans wartime aggression

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by PartTimePongo, Aug 18, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/national/news/20050815p2a00m0na008000c.html

2. Interesting. I wonder what will follow.

3. I am led to understand that it is 'Basically' the same apology that the jap PM of ten years ago issued on the 50th aniversery.
    I will always have problems with the jap for I do not beleive they accept a true sense of guilt.
    Brave warriors but
    john

4. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Echoed.
    'Back-stabbing barstards' springs to mind.

5. He aplogised because China is making life difficult for him, and South Korea is following their tracer.

No apologies for death railways, beheadings of allied aircrew, bayoneting POW's in HK and Singapore and just starting the whole shooting match though.

6. Does this sort of apology mean anything. Its like me apologising for something my Granddad did, means nothing, I had no influence over it and thus not to blame and me apologising for it is a hollow sentiment.

His apologies for the war, as he wasn't PM then or one of the decision makers is just as hollow. Just a political tool!

7. This is not an "apology" more an acknowledgement. Japanese being such a formal language allows this kind of apparent (i.e. to non Nips) apology but whilst remaining unhumiliated and indeed uncaring about the topic under discussion.

What about the so-called comfort women, abuse of red cross insignia to confuse allied air taskings and human shielding of merchant ships too? B'stards!!

I'm sorry too, sorry we didn't drop a third nuke...Tokyo has a nice ring to it...