Kofi Annan's son implicated in Oil-for-food scam

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by stoatman, Nov 30, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.wusatv9.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=35154

Well, I can't say I'm surprised. The UN is a horrible, corrupt organisation which, aside from the security council (which is run by & for UK, US, FR, RU & CN), seems to be run for the benefit of keeping 3rd world dictators in power by giving food aid to their countries, which they can distribute and claim that they obtained this food because they're god's messengers, or they bought it for them out of their own pockets, some other crappy cover story...

/proudly wears a t-shirt which says "UNITED NATIONS: keeping third world dictators in caviar since 1945"

2. I wonder who didn't get his cut and bubbled the corrupt b*stard.

I believe that daddy didn't know.

Duck, flying pigs..

3. Cnuts. alot of people are starving to death because these feckers are the greediest of them all. I dont beleive Kofi didnt know anything about it either, I doubt he will be that poor when he retires also. Just the same as any Politician more interested in themselves than the people they serve.
    CNUTS. :evil:

4. To the Left, Kofi Annan is whiter than white 8O :mrgreen:

It's quite well known that much of the food aid gets channelled to the ruling régimes, but it's conveniently ignored. Apparently 90% of the Band Aid/Live Aid food [see Band Aid thread] went via the Ethiopian régime & was used to prosecute their war, with only small percentages reaching the people for whom it was intended. There is no reason to believe that this is atypical of other food aid programmes.

5. I trust sumone will correct me if I am wrong but wasn't, Annan, Clintons choice when The Eygptian, Butros Burtos Gaili, was found to be too friendly with the Somail warlords, or at least thought they had sum sort of case. Mind you memory also says that Annan had already F-D up where Sebrinicea and Ruwanda where conncerned or I am out on my time line.
    john

6. why dosent the un work ?

7. Because the people with the most clout look after their own interests first.

8. Because it has to pander to Arab/African/ Western/eastern power blocs to prevent the whole gravy boat from sinking. It justifies the compromises by claiming to do some good that otherwise wouldn't be done and by providing the illusion of a worldwide political forum. The US ignores it, to a large degree, which removes any cojones it ever had.