Known Issue - Ignore List

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Apr 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thanks to those who flagged up a problem with the ignore list not displaying properly here:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/profile.php?do=ignorelist

You can add to your ignore list and it is still there, but doesn't show on that page as it should.

Original removed because it was attracting junk posts.

2. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

Okay, I may be a IT mong (always probable), however I have added Bravo_Bravo to my ignore list (blood pressure issues) but I can still see his posts, help!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Poor bastard!

• Like Like x 2
  4. HHH

HHH LE

In your settings, go to Edit Ignore list and make sure he's on it, if not just add him again.

Capture Edit Ignore list.PNG

PS If someone quotes the person on your Ignore list you will see their post in the new post.

5. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Who cares? Using the ignore list is for bed-wetters and the feeble-minded.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I've got everyone on ignore because you are all *****. If it wasn't for the 'quotes' I'd be stuffed.

7. I don't have anyone on ignore and I agree with you, much more fun having healthy debate with them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Offendi

Offendi On ROPs

Would the ignore function not be better suited to its function if it also 'rejected'? Clearly, if you consider someone to be such a bellwhiff that they needed ignoring, you'd rather they didn't see what you had to say either?

9. Just wishful thinking, but what is the chance of setting up the option of ignoring a whole forum, and not just individuals?
    It would be really handy to be able to check the what's new / recent posts listing, without having to scroll through mountains of NAAFI Bar and Waltenkommando drivel.
    Many thanks
    Scratch

10. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

I've certainly been thinking for a while that certain threads keep flagging us unread, but I've forgotten that I started reading and lost interest. Ignore threads would be nice too.

11. HHH

HHH LE

@Scratcher90

Why don't you just read the forums you are interested in from the "Forums" page.

When you have read what you want from that forum mark it as "Read" then when you go back to the forums page if any new post or threads are in it you can tell by the forum title being in "Bold Type"

See Screenshots,

Capture new forum 101.PNG

Capture new forum 102.PNG

Capture new forum 103.PNG

12. Thanks for the advice.
    When I have half an hour to spare of a morning I'll follow it.
    Scratch