Knowledge of British army for main board

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Rugbyman, Mar 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, does anybody know of any books available to buy that show the structure of the British army, ie. all of the regiments and their roles, equipment used, what each regiment is made up of. This is so i can have a read over it before goin to main board. Thanks

2. British army pocket book or similar. Just checked amazon but can't find it. it is somewhere about. Usually released each year.

British army pocket guide maybe?

Little book, about A6. Should cost no more than about £6.99 and has been seen in some WHSMiths and Waterstones.

3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Or I have a 'structure and roles of the British Army' handout thing that I can scan on and send if you'd like? Got it when I joined as a reservist.

PM if wanted.

4. most of it can be found easily on the internet- command structures, regiments, roles and weapons...

5. Choc_frog has the best advice. It should have been available to you at the RCB brief. Buy it. Its small, easy to understand and contains all the relevent gen.

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Easy the answer is "Its big green,although can be seen in sand colours at the moment, consists of men and women and is probably in various states of knackered, p!ssed, bored or p1ssed off!2 There you go job done!

7. Ugly,

Mostly correct except you should delete "big" and insert "small".

Even the bloody Swiss Army is larger.....

Litotes

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

True LT but still bigger than my gang!

9. And they're on the move... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6415531.stm

10. I had trouble finding the newest edition too. Eventually got it from the distributors (Pen and Sword, somewhere in the midlands - have to put it into google).

FF.