Knowing baby's Gender

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by cnj_uk, Mar 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One for the boys this and whilst I know we all like a bit of fun if you could also try and give me a serious answer, I would much appreciate it.

I'm due to have my scan in 3 weeks time for anomalies. Its an opportunity for us to also discover their gender. I'm not quite sure if I want to wait and find out. My question is if you were the father and could possibly deploy before they are born, would you want to know the gender?

2. Is anyone running a book on whether it's a mong or not?

3. Yes. Never understood the song & dance ppl made about it all.

4. fiver on another Ivan Cameron

5. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

CJ

As a father of 5, the only one we wanted to find out about was the youngest, this was to allow us to plan ahead with colours, clothes etc.

It also depends where it was conceived! If it's like some of the parties I have heard about if it comes out not barking then it's a bonus.

6. Is anyone running a book on what colour it is?

7. Each to their own really, I'd want to know. My son sat there with his hands behind his head giving it a wiggle so we had no choice. My daughter was a different matter so we chose not to know and have a surprise. Mrs Seagull 1.0 says she knew all along but as she's got more shit than a pig farmer I take that with a pinch of salt.

What does Mr J think?

8. LOL, I can predict that on quite accurately.

9. I'm in the no camp. That having been said when my two were born the only method of telling the gender was the old wives way! Perhaps if I could have known early I would have wanted to know but I didn't. The paramount thoughts in my mind were always that mother and child would be well and that both would survive childbirth.
    If you want some fun go on t'internet and purchase a nurse's stethoscope so you can listen to the babies heartbeats, hours of endless fun. If your husband is deploying then bear in mind that first born children are often up to 14 days late! Makes it more difficult for R&R although if you're ready they may induce you a bit earlier.

10. He is leaving it to for me to decide.

11. I still bought a scalectrix set :) no matter what it was that popped out, as it turned out it was a son

12. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Sloping shoulders, good drills that man.

13. LMAO. More tea splattered on the screen.

14. Fixed that for you ; )