Know your place!!

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Steiner, Jan 27, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Although this is a term more commonly used for our female colleagues, I feel that it is also appropriate for describing our supporting arms and services within the British Army.  Admirably this site stimulates banter and debate, however some confusion seems to be arising about the hierachy within the Army.

Old Monty had the right idea when he said...

"The Infantry is the least spectacular arm of the Army, yet without them you cannot win a battle.  Indeed without them you can do nothing, nothing at all."

Therefore, REMFS...know your place!! :-*

2. CGS

CGS War Hero Moderator

Well, well, well!!!

You must have a reason for feeling so strongly.  Perhaps you failed your Welbeck entrance test?  Or maybe as a Chippie-non-grad you have been turned down for RMCS.

You are definitely still at RD and are therefore a Subaltern.  Or maybe I'm well wide of the mark and in fact you are an OR.  Mind you, there is little difference in the infantry, is there you hooligan. 8)

;D Make Way For The Royal Regiment Of Artillery ;D

Monty may well have been right in what he said.  But he wouldn't have said it without Arty support.

We FIND
    We FIX
    We STRIKE
                     Oh yes and then we send in you boys ;)

so know your place ;)

4. I'm afraid I have to agree by steiner but remember steiner with out the rest of us in the rear with the gear you couldn't do your job.

5. well said steiner. too many remfs on this site. us cav and inf have to stick together. and we dnt take women in our regiments either.

6. Logisticians are a sad embittered race of people, very much in demand in war but who sink resentfully into obscurity in peace.
    They deal only with facts but must work with people who merchant in theories. They emerge in war because war is very much fact. They dissappear in peace because in peace war is mostly theory.
    Generals are people who merchant in theories, who employ logisticans in war but ignore them in peace. Generals are a happily blessed race who radiate confidence and power, feeding only on ambrosia and drinking only nectar. They stride confidently in forward in peace, invading countries simply by sweeping their hands over a map.
    In war they must stride more slowly because each General has a logistician on his back who may, at any moment lean forward and whisper 'No you can't do that.'
    Generals fear logisticians in war and try to forget them in peace.
    Romping alongside generals are strategists and tacticians. Logisticians despise strategists and tacticians - who in turn know nothing about logisticians, until they grow up and become generals (which they usually do).
    Sometimes a logistican gets to become a general. And then he must associate with other generals who he hates, while listening to strategists and tacticians whom he despises, while on his own back he now has another logistican whom he fears.
    This is why logisticians who get stars on their shoulders get ulcers in their bellies and cannot eat their ambrosia.

Logisticans authorship unknown source RMCdo Log REGT

7. All well and good as long as they know their place.

8. But with a small bomb/big cloud, we are all freaking redundant. Now aviation, thats a different matter..... :p

9. Who let the RAF in here?

10. yes but from the air can you actually occupy ground?

RAF/AAC didn't manage to occupy or pacify the nw frontier,the rhur,malay,borneo,aden,suez,falkland islands,kuwait,bosnia,kosovo, or Afganistan it has taken the PBI to go into the area.

11. The aim of all the Arms and Services is ultimately to get the Inf and Cav on to the enemy's position.  I agree in nearly all areas that they play an important role in doing so.  That is except for the RMP.  I've been thinking long and hard (which as you can imagine as a "Grunt", that's some acheivement!) and I really can't work out what these "monkeys" are meant to be doing!  Can anyone out there shed some light on this issue?

By the way, can anyone tell me why these people (RMP still)  have over the last few years been accumulating more and more items of black leather "equipment" on their "belts" as they waddle around aimlessly?  Are they trying to look like T J Hooker or is it Batman that they dishonour in this way?!

12. Steiner.
    See G3 snobbery.
    Out.

13. Steiner's right. I'm not Inf (you can probably guess what I am) but we're all here to support the Inf. Even the donkey wallopers. But you know what? Before I went Regular I did 6 years as a TA Infanteer and I got ******* TIRED of being sneered at by REMFs.

So, Inf boys, do your stuff. You're the mutt's nuts.

14. Super Slime,

At last someone who knows the truth!

Nurse,

For the love of God take that pamphlet out of your butt and get with the program. Yes we do need all the supporting arms (with the exception of the monkeys), but let's face it - without the infantry you would all be unemployed!!

Come on!!

15. nurses will never be unemployed ;D