Know any rock bands?

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by .Dolly, Nov 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I offered to post this to the wide ARRSE community (that sounds wrong!) on behalf of a friend of a friend. Assistance or suggestion would be gratefully received:

It's from the Cunning Stunts motorbike club in Norfolk:

Our bike club is having a Christmas party, in aid of Afghan Heroes Charity. It will be on the evening of 26th November and we have been let down by one of the bands - our main band in fact. We are now frantically looking for a replacement band. They were doing the gig for free for the charity, but I know that our club would be willing to pay a small amount towards expenses etc., We are looking for a band who are happy to play mainly rock music and who would def. turn up on the night!!

Failing that, I will need to look at a disco which is happy to do the rock thing. You know when you agree to organise something and then it all goes a bit pear shaped? However, it seems we have quite a few people coming now, so I know the charity will do well from it, but I'm worried I will let everyone down with the entertainment.

Either respond here or directly to the event organisers here:

or here:

Even if you can't help perhaps you'd like to attend?

Thank you.
  2. Thanks Dale, will investigate.
  3. Try the Parachute Regt band in Colchester....because it's a military charity they may be able to help...they have a pretty good rock band
  4. Another good suggestion, thanks weegwa.
  5. Try these punters Slam Cartel. I went to see them a few weeks ago and they were brilliant. I think that they are from London so Kings Lynn should not be too much of a drama.
  6. try the Bands, Venues, Management, Promotion | BandMeUp Thanksgiving Day website, that has bands from all over the country and worldwide
  7. You could do worse that google "Peckham Cowboys", Guy Bailys (Ex Quireboys) new band.

Guy may be up for it.

8. I used to know the lead singer of 'Eddie Commode and the Turds' in the late 70's / early 80s unfortunately their record label sacked them after only selling 28 singles. The Royal Artillery Band also have a few groups. Back in the day when they were based in woolwich they used to make mint play grand pianos in posh London restaurants and shagging lots of posh totty. Good luck for your event and hope you raise £££££'s
  9. Try Dumpy's Rusty Nuts they are used to Bike shows been doing them for over 20 years now and are pretty good.. Don't know if they's do it for free but a good place to start: Email address is:
  10. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

I have a mate who's band is at Guildfest and last friday they had their a few of their songs played on MTV. I can give him a shout and see if he is free if you want?
  11. Thank you all for your replies, marvellous. All information was been forwarded to the organisers and I believe they now have, or are about to have, someone lined up for the gig.