Knives

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by NigG, Jul 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone recommend a good quality knife?

I don't want to look like Crocodile Dundee or some kind of massive Walt; I just need something that is functional, sturdy and will stand the test of time (pref with an integral sharpening stone).

I don’t want anything with a massive blade and I’m not overly keen on multi tools

I don’t mind spending in the area of £50, but seeing as it will probably go missing anyway would be reluctant to spend that much more.

Cheers

2. Get a Gerber locking knife... although one of the lads on here says that the cops regard them as "fighting knives"!!!

Failing that a good sturdy swiss army knife or the mauser knifes (german army) will do.

3. Thank goodness someone on an army website has FINALLY asked this burning question. Surprised no one has asked this before.........

Or... use the search button chopper :roll:

4. Mora Frost Clipper; about £10 from Kitmonster, 100mm blade, comes nice and sharp, easy to care for, not at all walty. Issued by Ray Mears' Woodlore school of Bushcraft, the Forestry Commission and of course Them.

5. Is it to go on tour NigG?

Anything with a blade over 3.5 inches will be removed from your kit at MCCP, so unless it's issued and on your 1157 then think small. If you need a BFOK in theatre use your bayonet.