Knives, sabres,swords and other cutlery you collect

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Cloggie, Mar 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was wondering,after the gun-nut thread, if there are any knife,swords and the like collectors out here,be they issued or self purchased.
    I'm not a collector myself but it's just out of sheer interest.

Post yours please gents! :)

2. I've got a 1918 Wilkinson Sword bayonet off a Lee Enfield, but that's about it. Picked it up in Kabul off a market for a few shekels and had a word with the security staff at the airport to see if I could get it through as a memento, and they agreed to let me. As I say, I don't really collect them but I thought it might come in handy one day as a gift to someone, or to sell for a few quid.
    I think they are only worth about £50-£80 on a good day, they're not very rare.

3. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

I have a Nazi Police bayonet

4. 1876 cav sabre issued to the 21st Lancers

5. An Artists Rifles officers sword, with a Queen Victoria Crown on the blade, circa 1895, I think.

6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I still have my KFS, complete with little arrow 8)

edit to add:

Just checked - dated stamped 1967 so can't have been my original set, must have "acquired" along the way.

7. come on guys no pictures of your affore mentioned knives and auld-yin was your set of diggers made in Sheffield

8. I got a snazzy wooden offering, c/w harry black maskers and a loop of stained para cord!

9. I have a US M7 bayonet, which, I was reliably informed by the bloke who sold it to me, was used in the Vietnam War. Complete with M8A1 sheath.

Editted to add: of course I believed him, and paid a huge amount of money for it as a result :D

Attached Files:

10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Stamped "HM & Co" - no mention of Sheffield :D

11. I have a very large collection of stainless steel teaspoons collected from the various places I have visited. Not the puffy ones with a picture on the handle, proper restaurant and cafe spoons some with the business name stamped on them.
    For the record I never even considered doing the same with the silver cutlery, that would be wrong.

12. An issued Smatchet
    Tip broken and blade slightly altered but it was Dads and it has a rather horrid history

13. my rabbit skiner

Attached Files:

14. All my swords wont fit on my scanner, sorry

15. I have some Artists Rifles spoons as well ...

[​IMG]