Knife Sharpening

Does anyone know of any proffesional knife sharpeners in the Swindon area. I want to get my Leatherman sharpened and also want to get my SOG Seal Pup changed from a left handed cut to a right handed cut.

And before you say, google wasn't helpful

Vaughany said:
Does anyone know of any proffesional knife sharpeners in the Swindon area. I want to get my Leatherman sharpened and also want to get my SOG Seal Pup changed from a left handed cut to a right handed cut.

Learn to do it yourself. Ask your butcher to show you how.

Vaughany said:
Please - apply to join the Army - not the RAF. You'd hate the RAF. Really. Please.

Never knew you could have right or left handed cuts... ho hum.

As for your leathermans, lakelands sell knife sharpeners.

or buy a stone yourself.

Bit of oil on it, and crack on.

twin-grade carborundum oilstone in the vice, lashings of oil and patience. Then move onto a hand-held Arkansas stone. Finish off with a leather strop or the sole of a leather soled shoe. Should be sharp enough to shave with. Mine is!

Mr_C_Hinecap said:
Vaughany said:
Please - apply to join the Army - not the RAF. You'd hate the RAF. Really. Please.
We don't want him the Combat and Survival obsessed oddball.

Vaughany said:

Are you taking the pish, you geek!! Get a fcuking life.

smudge67 said:
Vaughany said:

Hey, leave Michael Ryan alone. He's alright...

spaz said:
smudge67 said:
Vaughany said:

Di you mean to say "He's a right......sad loser" ??

smudge67 said:
spaz said:
smudge67 said:
Vaughany said:

Ah yeah, thats the one. Anyway I was thinking if I laced my boots in a certain way would I be less likely to be seen by snipers?

spaz said:
smudge67 said:
spaz said:
smudge67 said:
Vaughany said:

Ah yeah, thats the one. Anyway I was thinking if I laced my boots in a certain way would I be less likely to be seen by snipers?
Yes....if you laced them round your neck....tightly :wink:

Cheap arse sharpner will do the leatherman .Well sharp enough for most tasks .Who wants to shave with a knife ? Get a lansky knife kit and learn to do it yourself.
Did a survial weekend with ta sas they reccomended stanley knives :D

Mr_C_Hinecap said:
Why's that then? You think the army could handle my kit lust better than the RAF?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ugly The NAAFI Bar 18
Banker Current Affairs, News and Analysis 3
Stavanger Cookery 57