Knife incident in Whitehall, response by MoD police.

Not sure what it is if not terrorism. Seems to tick all the boxes - attempted stabbing, non-indigenous name, the only thing missing is a particular exhortation from a religious group.

I'm not entertaining the whole "mental illness" nonsense.
The court was told that he is schizophrenic, and has medication.

His name is Hindu.

Stand by for deflection from all the usuals.

”See, see! Hindus try and kill coppers too! I don’t see you investigating Hindu schools etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc”

I don’t know his religion - I merely observed that his name is one frequently given to Hindu boys.
I wanted to correct a couple of remarks made by @Nemesis44UK in post #17 above that cast doubt on the perps mental state, and seemed to assume that he might be Muslim.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Not sure what it is if not terrorism. Seems to tick all the boxes - attempted stabbing, non-indigenous name, the only thing missing is a particular exhortation from a religious group.

I'm not entertaining the whole "mental illness" nonsense.
Are you feeling ‘terrorised’ ?

I claim no expertise, but a Sig doesn't have a safety catch either. I carried a 226 on Herrick, once it was made ready you would de-cock it and from there on the only safety was that the first trigger pull was long/ heavy.
P365 can have a manual safety but after double checking it is an optional extra rather than standard, so I was likely completely wrong with my speculation.

Sounds more like they just didn't operate the trigger correctly.

Nothing this evening on the BBC. They're too busy about smearing Boris for a finger buffet.
Somebody already posted a BBC link about it on another thread yesterday...

Last edited:
I'm not HCMR - and I wouldn't expect any of them to disclose their ROE here, but like all armed forces personnel on armed guard duty, they are subject to the same criminal and common law as the rest of us. If the force used is reasonable in the circumstances, then the law allows you use whatever means are available at the time, be it a fist, a boot, a firearm - or a sword.
At the time of the IRA mortar attack on Downing Street, one of the Household Cavalry sentries (no idea whether LG or RHG/D) was reputed to have realised that something was amiss when Paddy jumped out of the cab of the lorry and started running for his mate waiting on the motorcycle. The mounted sentry supposedly spurred forward but the firing of the mortars (and the lorry brewing up) meant that any chance of the first offensive sword action since the early 1920s was scuppered. Cannot state absolute veracity, but I was working in MB at the time and heard it from a very reputable source. Chap was supposedly commended for his quick reaction, if true rightly so.

This was reported on ITV news last night, don't remember seeing it on the BBC.
Wrong outcome for the BBC, nothing to wale and chest beat about, if the poor, defenceless man had been shot through the heart or forehead then the Beeb would have been all over it, asking if the Mod Plod should be allowed to carry guns and is there a real need for HM Forces to be allowed out of barracks!

_Chimurenga_

LE
Gallery Guru
1650480552744.png

Ex-Ten

War Hero
The MoD plod I see around Whitehall carry an MP7 as their primary, a couple of rounds from that would have sorted the nutter out nicely.

Double tap, job done!

Still, probably better for the officer involved to Taze him. The poor sod would still be up to their eyes in paperwork days later.

Ref the glocks with extra safety, they are available. There's a few video reviews of them.
My cousin is an armed police officer in a northern force and on a call to him just he says his has a thumb safety which was to quote "a fu#$ing nause at first to get used toafter 4 years of the old glocks".

So apparently they're a thing.

At the time of the IRA mortar attack on Downing Street, one of the Household Cavalry sentries (no idea whether LG or RHG/D) was reputed to have realised that something was amiss when Paddy jumped out of the cab of the lorry and started running for his mate waiting on the motorcycle. The mounted sentry supposedly spurred forward but the firing of the mortars (and the lorry brewing up) meant that any chance of the first offensive sword action since the early 1920s was scuppered. Cannot state absolute veracity, but I was working in MB at the time and heard it from a very reputable source. Chap was supposedly commended for his quick reaction, if true rightly so.
Cutlasses were issued and used during the boarding of the German supply ship Altmark by the scratch mob of matelots from HMS Cossack. Plus I wonder if mad jack Churchill got to use his claymore on dday?

Any HCMR on here? I am curious what the mounted guards’ orders are in such circumstances. I would have thought running a knife-wielding attacker through with their swords would not be off the table. An 8ft-tall half-ton horse would be quite a weapon too.
I believe a photo exists of a HCMR Rupert at full tilt down the Mall after one of the great unwashed got over lively

Ref the glocks with extra safety, they are available. There's a few video reviews of them.
My cousin is an armed police officer in a northern force and on a call to him just he says his has a thumb safety which was to quote "a fu#$ing nause at first to get used toafter 4 years of the old glocks".

So apparently they're a thing.

Latest Threads