Knife Crime in the UK

Odd let's go accept the common standard that America far out does the UK in every category regardless of the fact that many areas do not. It is a battle of perception and we as a gun toting, bible thumping, hicks will always be more violent then the idea of England 100 plus years ago. Regardless of the fact that your country has changed significantly since the good old days where this stigma is rooted.

Let's just accept that the US and the UK are different. That's it!

Let's just accept that the US and the UK are different. That's it!
I really wish more people would realise the US isn't the UK but with funny accents.
If they did, they might get more of an insight into the differing mindsets that divide us.
I've been visiting the US & living in the homes of ordinary US citizens for many years & TBH Norwegians have more in common regarding an outlook on life than my Septic friends do.
A 2 week holiday in Florida wont even scratch the surface.

Kitchen knives? How many of these killings actually use the “Rambo knives” that you are so scared of?
There are millions of knives already out there. How long are you willing to wait for you restrictions to take effect?
The vast cost to the public purse that will ensue as you criminalise all the people who are carrying a knife?
Swiss Army Knife with a three inch blade is enough to slip behind the collarbone and puncture the aorta.

Harriet Sergeant works for a right wing think thank and writes articles for the Daily Heil but the situation that these kids were put in made her livid. It's a really good book - it doesn't excuse their behaviour but goes through the reasons why it occurs.

Typical. West Norwood. Less than a mile and half from one of the most affluent areas of South London.

If you lived in Peckham and walked home from work late each night would you carry a weapon or would you just wear your running shoes and a whistle? I can see why some people carry.

Did this sort of thing always happen, or is it social media making us aware of it?

Knife crime in the UK, in particular in London is a known trait and behaviour imported from Africa and a consequence of the increase in such ethnicities in some of our largest cities.

Strange that it was happening a hundred years ago with gangs like the Peaky Blinders in Brum and the Scuttlers in Manchester and for much the same reasons.

Knife-crime fears: how have we responded through history?
Agreed, there have been historic instances of regional gangs carrying weapons.

In 2019 London * its ostensibly a certain demographic carrying out this blade based team sport.
If people are happy to acknowledge the problem posed by Peaky Blinders, Scuttlers, Teddy boys with flick knives & Glaswegian razor gangs can we acknowledge the current problem & who is carrying it out.

* Other sh!thole cities are available

Strange that it was happening a hundred years ago with gangs like the Peaky Blinders in Brum and the Scuttlers in Manchester and for much the same reasons.

Knife-crime fears: how have we responded through history?
It's not strange at all, it's called progress - traditional Brummies and Mancs don't generally do that any more, it is predominantly in the domain of the ethnic minorities.

Knife crime was as you rightly point out a crime that belonged to Peaky Blinders and Scuttlers, and now it belongs to mostly Black Gangs.

You've just proven that our society has moved on from hundreds of years ago - yet we face the same problems today by over-importing those from a culture where knifing someone is still the norm.

Agreed, there have been historic instances of regional gangs carrying weapons.

In 2019 London * its ostensibly a certain demographic carrying out this blade based team sport.
If people are happy to acknowledge the problem posed by Peaky Blinders, Scuttlers, Teddy boys with flick knives & Glaswegian razor gangs can we acknowledge the current problem & who is carrying it out.

* Other sh!thole cities are available
We all know it's black kids. I was just pointing on that the implication that knife gangs are confined to the modern world isn't true.

What's happening there? Trying to nick the moped but had their escape route cut off by the bloke in the car?
Maybe, must be a bit intimidating for the poor pizza guy

Bet he'd wished he'd got a job in Maccy D's now

We all know it's black kids. I was just pointing on that the implication that knife gangs are confined to the modern world isn't true.
Again I agree with what your saying & my post wasn't meant to be combatative, too much of that fevered ego shash on this site. Apologies if it came across as such.

It's often used by people trying to deflect the reality of the what's happening today by dismissing it and using historic instances to deflect away from the current situation.
Another prominent example would be the "Asian" grooming gangs & those who do not want to acknowledge any complicity of certain demographics doing wrong.

Boot them out of the council owned property if caught with a knife, I think there is something under the tenancy agreement, about anti social behaviour, and of course boot the rest of the family out
that way the line of responsibility is maintained
plus fine the Absent fathers ( if yo
On this showing could empty the whole estate.

Youfs who hang around in gangs & get up to no good robbing & being wee crims - some get stabby stabby & croak. Struggling to give a fcuk here.

Latest Threads