Knife Crime in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Club Swinger

War Hero
#BBC News at 6pm Tonight, Knife Crime again the main headlines.

This will never go away until there is a credible deterrent. I've got a few suggestions, but not able to post them here. And anything I could post would cost too much money.

We are stuffed. Live with it...or not..

I watched the second episode of The Met: Policing London programme about the Metropolitan Police earlier. An hour’s worth of telly which featured (IIRC) two murders, several stabbings and a shooting.
At the end very little had been achieved. The young gang members treated the police with contempt and the police looked bloody stupid.
Not completely the fault of the police as it seemed that the courts had conspired to make them look stupid too.

Could be tricky. They're quite keen on the whole national purity thing IINM.
It could well be. However, there seems to be a school of thought that believes that whatever passport you hold defines more than just your legal nationality.

philc

LE
I watched the second episode of The Met: Policing London programme about the Metropolitan Police earlier. An hour’s worth of telly which featured (IIRC) two murders, several stabbings and a shooting.
At the end very little had been achieved. The young gang members treated the police with contempt and the police looked bloody stupid.
Not completely the fault of the police as it seemed that the courts had conspired to make them look stupid too.
I too watched this, two murders carried out by at least 6 people and one conviction through the DNA, the second murder victim was also in the car that attacked the first murder victim identified through his DNA lifted from the crime scene. So more robust policing, stopping the scrotes for any thing, arresting them and getting them on the DNA database so the slightest whiff of their DNA means back down the nick. Bollox to civil liberties and lets spend money on a few youth clubs. These gangs have London to explore and play in, one murder took place outside a VUE cinema, where I live the nearest VUE cinema is 45 miles away, they have lots of opportunities, more than any other group of young people in the country.

As for the mothers, they were in denial, saying their children had been groomed which seems to be the new excuse, however again no fathers were seen.

It could well be. However, there seems to be a school of thought that believes that whatever passport you hold defines more than just your legal nationality.
Not sure the passport is the issue. It's more a citizenship thing. Couple of folks with a British passport in these parts who have them due to a grandparent or a parent being British, but don't have permanent residence status in the UK. Just makes it easier to enter but AIUI they have no right to work there or in the EU and aren't regarded as residents.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Another marker on the way to the 200th murder victim in Londonistan for this year,

Stratford is not somewhere to hang about, definitely not outside the Westfield. Although my employers who have large offices in Endeavour Square recently gave a warning not to go into the Westfield Centre carparks, as shoppers were being regularly mugged on the way to their cars.

I attended several exams a couple of years ago in a training centre in Stratford. I made sure I dressed down, and still felt like a bloody target getting to the exam centre.

It's a vibrant area.

Stratford is not somewhere to hang about, definitely not outside the Westfield. Although my employers who have large offices in Endeavour Square recently gave a warning not to go into the Westfield Centre carparks, as shoppers were being regularly mugged on the way to their cars.

I attended several exams a couple of years ago in a training centre in Stratford. I made sure I dressed down, and still felt like a bloody target getting to the exam centre.

It's a vibrant area.
Lots of beggars and other low-life permanently on the station forecourt at Stratford.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Another one bites the dust overnight on the mean streets of Londonistan,

That's two hundred and one this year in London alone !
WTF is wrong with these kids ?

It's the two hundred and eighty-fourth day of the year and they've not managed one a day.
Standards gentlemen, standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads