Knife Crime in the UK

*ahem* You used to be able to slip those off with the aid of a hairdryer

I wonder if we want to actually achieve something, or just something must be done?

I have pointed out structural issues with a couple of 'ahem, russles newspaper's policies'. I am not against things, just against abandoning things which have worked if resourced with thighs which don't work if not resourced.

For example, doorstep curfews worked. Put a bail condition curfew on, witb 'must present to constable on demand'. Probationary constables then have someone to keep and eye on, and the person never knows when their curfew will be checked on.

Gets the probby experience, and effective in controlling bail conditions.
Make it easier on the constables, the curfewed folk can 'parade' at certain points around town at certain times.

Welcome to the forum, President Xi Jinping!

Reportedly facial recognition has a 98% misident rate in london.

The experiment in Cardiff?

Presumably the phone companies are cool with the dump of personal identifiable information to match to live cell site tracking?

They had no capability for volume tracking like thst, last time I was involved with telecommunication investigation. It being on application to individuals only.

Oh, and I wonder how police will deal with big data. They are struggling with mobile phone volume right now.

Anyway, I am sure the home office has it under control.
Despite the technical issues outlined above, I feel facial recognition cameras will be used in the UK, and their use will be widespread within 10 years. All it needs is a couple more terrorist attacks, or a further rise in crime.

There is already more CCTV in Britain than most other countries, but other countries are catching up.

Welcome to the universal surveillance society.

Despite the technical issues outlined above, I feel facial recognition cameras will be used in the UK, and their use will be widespread within 10 years. All it needs is a couple more terrorist attacks, or a further rise in crime.

There is already more CCTV in Britain than most other countries, but other countries are catching up.

Welcome to the universal surveillance society.
Well, yes. For example that is why the Home Office have been trying to ram through their policy on encryption for nearly a decade in the face of technical incompetence and any issue of civil liberty.

When in doubt wave the terror card around.

Still one of my favourite lines in Body of Lies (a favourite thriller of mine). The Head of Jordanian intelligence quietly replies to a visiting CIA dignatory -
Urgency does not call for changing methods that work, for methods that do not work.
The misident rates for the technology stand.

Quite how the police are to use this or other forms of big data when it is quite clear they struggle already is another matter.

(There are occassionaly very, very good people. I know of a couple of ANPR types who are phenomenal investigators - but that is because they do what they like, and are left alone. It isn't institutional excellence, and it'll go with them when they leave - like so many capabilities).

Facebook's facial ID is reportedly better than the FBI (so it should be).

Yandex (a Russian search engine) is suspciously good at facial recognition - wonder why?

Anyway, who cares. The Bureaucracy at 2 Marsham St rolls on.

The same with too much of the government machine. BoJo is the first PM since Thatcher who is likely to turn this around. He must not fail in this, or the future of this country is dire.

Of course this is how communism is established in countries by undermining the criminal justice system as well as other things, which include mass uncontrolled immigration.
Historically, which countries that have had Communism as their state’s official politics, has had mass uncontrolled immigration?

I will agree with the criminal justice system being undermined, usually in the form of a revolution or civil war. I don’t however recall people flooding into Russia or China etc.

I agree with this if you're a victim of abuse and other related crime,but not when you commited it
That's the age rule.

It could be dropped to a younger age I suppose. The idea is that being young, dum and full of cum shouldn't affect you into future adulthood.

There is an argument that stabbing someone is a little more than a faux pas.

Sierra Charlie

War Hero
That's the age rule.

It could be dropped to a younger age I suppose. The idea is that being young, dum and full of cum shouldn't affect you into future adulthood.

There is an argument that stabbing someone is a little more than a faux pas.
Indeed,its someone's life that has ended,but can't name attacker,in case it impacts on his adult life, seems morally unjust

Indeed,its someone's life that has ended,but can't name attacker,in case it impacts on his adult life, seems morally unjust
It's to allow the miscreant the best chance at becoming a functioning member of society. ie employed.

Our justice system involves both punishment and rehabilitation.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have a problem with hanging a 17 year old stabbing enthusiast even if its only function was to encourage others to avoid such pit falls in life. I think it's getting out of hand now and needs urgent remedial action.

Why the age of 18 was chosen i am not 100% sure. If i'm honest I don't know if it should go down or up. Having seen the lack of responsibility in our young today.

I can't believe there are folk out there who want the voting age to go down to 16, if it did I'd certainly expect the age of anonymity to be dropped similarly.

Sierra Charlie

War Hero
It's to allow the miscreant the best chance at becoming a functioning member of society. ie employed.

Our justice system involves both punishment and rehabilitation.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have a problem with hanging a 17 year old stabbing enthusiast even if its only function was to encourage others to avoid such pit falls in life. I think it's getting out of hand now and needs urgent remedial action.

Why the age of 18 was chosen i am not 100% sure. If i'm honest I don't know if it should go down or up. Having seen the lack of responsibility in our young today.

I can't believe there are folk out there who want the voting age to go down to 16, if it did I'd certainly expect the age of anonymity to be dropped similarly.
That is issue that Will cause some debate, but i remember, army junior leaders you joined at 16 if my memory serves, trying to make a comparison between serving your country at a young age,and not being named for a crime strange contradiction

Historically, which countries that have had Communism as their state’s official politics, has had mass uncontrolled immigration?

I will agree with the criminal justice system being undermined, usually in the form of a revolution or civil war. I don’t however recall people flooding into Russia or China etc.
IMHO, mass immigration is aimed, in conjunction with other purposes in undermining the population's pride in their country, which is another step on the road to communism. Also the, or at last some of the immigrants are likely to agitate against the government, especially when goaded on by the left in how Britain has raped their country, etc.

Now spreading into what were seen as "safe" areas.
This will hit the multi £bn tourism industry.

A man has been stabbed in one of London's busiest tourist hot spots.

The victim was found with knife injuries after emergency services were called to Trafalgar Square at 21:11 BST to reports of the attack.

Large sections of the square have been taped off and five squad cars and two police vans are at the scene, as well as the London Ambulance Service.
Having his cash cow gutted might make Khan look a little more closely at the demographics involved...

As it’s the Notting Hill carnival this weekend I’m sure the stabby stabby numbers will rise steeply

Mrsheeny

Old-Salt
I blame Khan for the rise in knife crime not just in London but across the country. Due to his ineptitude to deal with it in London it’s spreading across the country, I’m seeing it happen in areas you’d never have thought knife crime would ever happen and it’s scary to think it’s our kids on them streets and this idiot is putting their lives at risk.

Latest Threads